Author Topic: Does the VW Single CD Player (MK4 Golfish + others) Jump much  (Read 2320 times)

Offline mak911s

• Not said much yet
 ???
Hi all

feel i've been reemed by chap who sold me this CD Player.  He did say at the time the players were not as good as branded, sony, alpine, ..... models and the VW did jump a bit in use but said it would be perfectly fone on motorway.  Kind enough to say this after he run my credit card details through his machine.

CD player is std VW model for use with Gamma head units post 1998 and is 2001 vintage.

Wouldn't say my roads to work were awful, just average, and mainly A roads. My average CD skips/jumps maybe 10-15 times on route, 25 miles.
Manholes, road repairs, even things i cant even feel in the road cause cd to skip.

Sound normal ????

Thinking somethings loose in player.

Offline mak911s

• Not said much yet
Re:Does the VW Single CD Player (MK4 Golfish + others) Jump much
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2003, 13:55 »
Just to add to previous mail.

Counted number of thimes unit skipped while playing some old Blur music on way to work today, and 32 times it skipped, on a 23 mile journey.  Painful........... on the ears.

Looking like i'll be whipping unit back out the car tommorow,  quick look to see if repairable and then more than likely a call to breakers to argue a return for faulty mechanism.

any comments appreciated.

Do Single cd players have this problem, i extremely doubt it, and is it possibly an easy fix, ie mechanism come loose in post or??

cheers

Mark

kniterider

« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2003, 15:19 »
id take back and get a refund you can get a six disc sony with interface box etc ?136 from mcs, my golfs lowered and dosnt skip any (unless you do something stupid like off roading or speed bumps too fast etc!!) ;D

Offline antgti

• Here all the time
  • 130PD Gti with Van aaken chip to 165 has now gone,
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2003, 21:26 »
snap, i got the standard single disc and only skips if i go mental.  Also found if i floor it in 2nd the cd skips and the glove box pops open
Me old diesel was quick/........

16.004 sec Qtr mile @ 85mph 23/5/04 Santa Pod

Now running around in soon to be REVO'd Seat ibiza 1.8T 20v FR and missing the fuel economy..............

Offline mak911s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 13 December 2003, 08:57 »
Single CD player en-route back to breakers for replacement/refund.

As far as the multichanger goes, assuming i'm getting a refund, i cant see a connector either behind my gamma head unit or a connector in the first aid cubby hole.  Are they hidden? or am i needing to puchase.  Where from?  Also, cant see a bracket for a multichanger also.
Cars a 3dr 98S non-turbo 20V.

cheers

Mark