Author Topic: Cd autochanger  (Read 2620 times)

Offline dicksparks

• Not said much yet
Cd autochanger
« on: 05 November 2003, 21:03 »
Can anyone help were is the best place to fit a cd changer in the boot of a VR6 or is there any way to make it vibration free

kniterider

Re:Cd autochanger
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2003, 21:16 »
dont know about a mk3, in my mk4 ive shoved it in the 1st aid compartment

Blue MK2

« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2003, 09:01 »
I used a piece of wood and screwed it into the spare holes in the bodywork. I then screwed my changer to the wood. Looks tidy and doesnt skip.

I would put it in the first aid compartment like NightRider has for security reasons.

Remember to adjust the CD changer by the screws on the sides depending how you mount it, horizontal or vertical.

Offline modulater

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 November 2003, 13:48 »
i've put mine in the boot to one side. thinking of making a carpeted box witha hinged lid to hid it away and stop shopping bags hitting it and making the cd's skip.

Blue MK2

« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2003, 17:33 »
What about under your driver/passenger seat? my sony 10disk changer is a fat beast but a 6disk should hide under there nicely?

Offline msond

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 13 November 2003, 10:46 »
I mounted mine to some wood with the original brackets and used some velcro. Doesnt move around the boot in my mk3.
Current - Mk 7.5 GTD with sunroof, keyless, Dynaudio, Pronav, , reverse camera, Art Velours trim and self park.
Previous -
Mk 7 GTD. Tornado red with Santiago wheels, Pro sat nav, keyless and winter pack.
Mk 6 Golf GT. Reflex silver, heated black leather, 18" Vancouver wheels, climate control, RCD 510 with DAB, Bluetooth, parking sensors, luxury & storage packs.
Mk 3 Golf GTi 8v Anniversary
Mk 2 16V