Author Topic: MkVI Shots from today..  (Read 11659 times)

Offline DJGTi

• GTI forum regular
Re: MkVI Shots from today..
« Reply #20 on: 14 December 2008, 17:16 »
After driving both the petrol and diesel versions, I would say it is an improvement, but not enough to make me want to change from my MkV. It's a little quieter (more engine insulation and 10% thicker windows) and the interior quality is a little better (most notably on the soft touch rubbery dash top). The loss of the blue dials is a shame, but they thought white looked more modern. Overall, there are dozens of minor changes that are hard to spot (or make little difference).

The rear looks better on the road than the pictures as it makes the car look wider and lower. Interestingly, people who liked the MkIV and not the V, liked the VI more.

The biggest improvement is the common rail diesels. They are MUCH smoother (and lower emissions). The full body colour bumpers are in response to complaints and everyone wanting black cars to hide the cheap looking bumpers. Why they didn't make the MkV body coloured (like the ED30) I don't know.

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 17 December 2008, 17:12 »

Still standing by my original opinion that is is a MK5.5

It was my understanding that that is exactly what it is :huh:

Offline gary555

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 20 December 2008, 14:12 »
popped into the local stealer's yesterday and they have a MK6 on the showroom floor exactly the same as in the pics that start this thread off. very Scirocco from the front. the interior was very nice, similar to the CC and Scirocco.hes just done the VW MK6 training/ familiarization and he reckons that the GTI will be released only  6 months following initial sale, so could be as soon as July time.