Author Topic: Golf MK6 Golf Collectors Edition by Walter de Silva  (Read 21228 times)

Offline deanjames

• Not said much yet
Golf MK6 Golf Collectors Edition by Walter de Silva
« on: 28 September 2008, 23:08 »

I hope we can have options like this for the GTi, decent leather availiable in diff colours would be awesome, see below

PRESS RELEASE

Golf Collectors Edition – One of a Kind

Golf concept car is equipped with highly exclusive natural leather

Collectors Edition underscores Golf's class-independent image

Wolfsburg, 08 September 2008 - "Trendline", "Comfortline" and "Highline" are the names of the three official equipment lines on the new Golf. Yet there is a fourth version. An unofficial version, since it is not mentioned in any brochure or price list: the "Collectors Edition". It shows how impressively Volkswagen has mastered the art of upgrading. And it underscores how the Golf is right at home in all classes – a car that cuts a good figure just as naturally in its base version as it does in an exclusive individualized top model with a natural leather interior in the style of the finest luxury sedans.

Orchestrated by corporate design chief Walter de Silva and the director of the "Lifestyle & Performance" design group, Friederike Plock-Girmann, the Collectors Edition prototype developed into what is certainly the most exclusive Golf in the history of the model

EXTERIOR OF THE COLLECTORS EDITION

The Collectors Edition concept car was painted in a very dark, very refined blue – "Moonlight blue pearl effect". While the radiator grille of the production Golf was designed in black, here it is presented in the car's color. In the wheels area, new 18-inch "Vancouver" alloy wheels are used. They can also be ordered as an option on the production car, and they were given a high-gloss polish for the Collectors Edition.

INTERIOR OF THE COLLECTORS EDITION

The Collectors Edition is the first Golf in which natural leather is making its appearance. It adorns the seats (lateral supports of seatback, outer sides of seat, center panel and covers), the center armrest and door inserts. Walter de Silva took the natural leather color as the standard in applying a refined brown tone called "IOWA". It is reminiscent of the elegance of hand-crafted Italian shoes. The leather sections of the sport seats – that are as sporty as they are comfortable – are offset by black piping; they are joined together by seams in "Natural brown" color. The seat's outer side panels discreetly sport the embossed letters "WDS" – the initials of the chief designer.

Designers added decorative accents to the interior (including accent strips, surrounds of the air vents) in high-gloss piano lacquer to complement the overall harmony of the black trim. Made entirely of aluminum are the door tread plates embossed with the "Collectors Edition" signature – insignias of a one-of-a-kind car.

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
Re: Golf MK6 Golf Collectors Edition by Walter de Silva
« Reply #1 on: 28 September 2008, 23:18 »

"Made entirely of aluminum are the door tread plates embossed with the "Collectors Edition" signature – insignias of a one-of-a-kind car."

^What about the Edition 30 plates, Fritz and Hermann!!?
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Peskarik

« Reply #2 on: 28 September 2008, 23:34 »

"Made entirely of aluminum are the door tread plates embossed with the "Collectors Edition" signature – insignias of a one-of-a-kind car."

E30 is not collectors item, too many of them were made

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #3 on: 29 September 2008, 10:24 »
PRESS RELEASE

From where?  Please quote your source, as you have no doubt just breached copyright laws.

Mods/Admins - I suggest this thread be deleted, as copyrighted material has been published withought any reference to the primary source!  :angry:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #4 on: 29 September 2008, 10:45 »
The source is VW. I very much doubt they'd want us to remove this since they've plastered it on pretty much every auto blog and webby around :grin:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 29 September 2008, 10:49 »

E30 is not collectors item, too many of them were made

he only mentioned the plaques, he didnt say it was limited, that said its still a special/ limited edition in my eyes  :cool:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #6 on: 29 September 2008, 10:52 »
The source is VW. I very much doubt they'd want us to remove this since they've plastered it on pretty much every auto blog and webby around :grin:

Erm - the source definately is NOT VW.  Look at the URLs for the images - they go to AutoBlog, and they have a very clear copyright disclaimer at the foot of their site.  And look at the "american english" (individualized, center, color, aluminum) - and VW never use the word "sedan".

Not only is it very wrong to rip an article in its entireity and post it elsewhere, but it is also very wrong not to actually credit the source (the URL)!  :rolleyes:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #7 on: 29 September 2008, 11:47 »
Several sites have exactly the same text and photos, quoting vw as the source.. they just host the images themselves.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 29 September 2008, 12:07 »
It's also on VW media services :grin:

Cough cough.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=54324.0
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline deanjames

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 29 September 2008, 12:26 »
Keep yer hair on people, I missed the source by accident.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/23/volkswagen-golf-collectors-edition-by-walter-de-silva/

I only added the part that was the VW press release, the point of my post was as stated at the beginning. I was more interested in the leather as currently it's just black leather or cloth. I'd love a black or silver GTi with tan leather. This one looks like an american variant that will probably never reach the UK.