Author Topic: 3 Popular Exhaust Upgrades - Which is best  (Read 20672 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: 3 Popular Exhaust Upgrades - Which is best
« Reply #50 on: 19 January 2019, 18:56 »
I’m finding mine spot on. Only noisy under harder acceleration. Only thing I noticed was sat at around 80-85 there is some drone. But as motorway trips are few and far between then it’s no problem. The rest of the time , it’s either quiet if pottering or sounds like a proper hot hatch should!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mariodiniz21

• Just got here
« Reply #51 on: 14 November 2019, 15:43 »
Hi, did anyone try a Scorpion catback on the Clubsport? I saw a video yesterday and it was the best sounding Clubsport that I've heard.

Offline candy turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #52 on: 17 November 2019, 14:08 »
i had a res delete fitted on my clubsport S , it sounded sh!t , just like exhaust had blown , i had a smaller res fitted and it sounded pretty good but im going for the mountuneM52 system do my custom center section will be for sale soon
clubsport S no 215

Offline Upperoilcan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #53 on: 21 November 2019, 21:30 »
I have had the Res delete on my GTI and love how it sounds,The car should have come from the factory like it.
Mk7 GTI in black,DSG,fully loaded.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #54 on: 24 November 2019, 17:21 »
I’m finding mine spot on. Only noisy under harder acceleration. Only thing I noticed was sat at around 80-85 there is some drone. But as motorway trips are few and far between then it’s no problem. The rest of the time , it’s either quiet if pottering or sounds like a proper hot hatch should!

Hiya Jim, How are you finding the Res Delete day to day? I have just been to my local Powerflow dealer who will make and fit a res delete for £150 which i thought was a good price. How did your insurance company react? Thanks.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 25 November 2019, 08:56 »

Hiya Jim, How are you finding the Res Delete day to day? I have just been to my local Powerflow dealer who will make and fit a res delete for £150 which i thought was a good price. How did your insurance company react? Thanks.

Absolutely love it for day to day. Currently, I use the car for a short commute to work and some work trips depending on my diary and then local at weekends. You can drive around with no noise or you can make plenty of noise, depending on your throttle input.  The difference is when you want noise, you can actually hear the exhaust from inside the car instead of the fake noise. I went with VAGSport as they seemed to have a good reputation. Progressive Parts had to make it fit mine as hadn't done one with the GPF before and it needed a different connection compared to the normal GTI one.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #56 on: 25 November 2019, 12:30 »

Absolutely love it for day to day. Currently, I use the car for a short commute to work and some work trips depending on my diary and then local at weekends. You can drive around with no noise or you can make plenty of noise, depending on your throttle input.  The difference is when you want noise, you can actually hear the exhaust from inside the car instead of the fake noise. I went with VAGSport as they seemed to have a good reputation. Progressive Parts had to make it fit mine as hadn't done one with the GPF before and it needed a different connection compared to the normal GTI one.

Thanks Jim.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #57 on: 11 April 2020, 18:12 »
i had a res delete fitted on my clubsport S , it sounded sh!t , just like exhaust had blown , i had a smaller res fitted and it sounded pretty good but im going for the mountuneM52 system do my custom center section will be for sale soon

Wondering you opinions on difference between the Mountune52 cat back and the Clubsport S system?  I have the Mountune52 catback on my PP, unfortunately I only had a week or two of driving it until lockdown rules came into place so I have had limited time with it.  I'm going for an OEM+ approach with my car so would be interested to know how the two compare from someone who has run both.
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 13 April 2020, 20:56 »
I've got the CSS exhaust on mine and it sounds awesome. not too loud at all. Perfect OEM+ mod.

https://youtu.be/TcJYE1HRsio

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #59 on: 15 April 2020, 13:36 »
Oooh, I do like that CSS back box.  At the moment the sensible part of me is thinking going back to stock and pocketing some money on it when the garages open up again.  The Mountune52 cat back came as a bundle deal with a remap so only cost me a few hundred more than I would be paying for the remap anyway so it was more of a bonus than something I was planning on doing.  The less sensible side of me is thinking that I could probably swap out for the CSS backbox for what I could sell the Mountune52 cat back for maybe with some change in my pocket  :whistle:

I do really quite like Mountune52 catback, it's resonated so normal driving around town it doesn't come across as too antisocial and it has a nice sound to it when I open it up which thankfully has gotten a bit quieter after it has has a chance for some carbon build up.  My main consideration here is that I have a long motorway commute and while not excessively loud, I prefer the sound of my stock exhaust for this at certain speeds.  If the CSS is good for long motorway journeys then again I could be tempted.  Especially if anyone here has one lying around that they are not using anymore going cheap.
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1