Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 244577 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #660 on: 23 May 2019, 06:22 »
Good to see a close up photo of the spoiler lip. I’m still struggling to get hold of one. Do you think it’s too subtle?

I can take a few more pictures for you if it'll help. It's funny, VW went big on the CSS spoiler and small on the rear diffuser and the other way round for the TCR.

Do you have the part numbers? It looks like the VW Performance spoiler for the R but that's based on memory, not a direct comparison so I might be wrong.

Personally, I think it's a bit blink and you'll miss it and if it is the shared part for the R, it'll be about £250 and I just don't think I could justify it. I think there are better options.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #661 on: 23 May 2019, 17:23 »
Good to see a close up photo of the spoiler lip. I’m still struggling to get hold of one. Do you think it’s too subtle?

I can take a few more pictures for you if it'll help. It's funny, VW went big on the CSS spoiler and small on the rear diffuser and the other way round for the TCR.

Do you have the part numbers? It looks like the VW Performance spoiler for the R but that's based on memory, not a direct comparison so I might be wrong.

Personally, I think it's a bit blink and you'll miss it and if it is the shared part for the R, it'll be about £250 and I just don't think I could justify it. I think there are better options.

Part number is definitely different. Other photos would be greatly appreciated thanks. It’s almost as if the concept one is more pronounced.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #662 on: 23 May 2019, 20:52 »
Part number is definitely different. Other photos would be greatly appreciated thanks. It’s almost as if the concept one is more pronounced.

It's different. My EKTA doesn't have it, will ask the dealer what the part number is as I have to go in and get something tomorrow.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #663 on: 23 May 2019, 20:53 »

It's different. My EKTA doesn't have it, will ask the dealer what the part number is as I have to go in and get something tomorrow.

I have the part number already thanks.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #664 on: 23 May 2019, 20:56 »
Fortunately I made the decision that this A35 AMG is not for me this time around and to let others be the early adopters and maybe next time around have a look at A35 again as think its a decent entrance by Mercedes to this sector - Says a lot about the MK 7 series that even at 6 years its still beating out a brand new model which is another reason stayed with the MK 7 as its the evolved and complete version and with the TCR at its best on the run out model.

In terms of dealer experience, had a similar experience at another local Audi, but the other Audi in my proximity have some really decent folk in there and its a good place to walk into - My local VW dealer is also decent, always found them very polite and helpful and the young lad talked to made extra effort to take me into the rear pound to see the black TCR took photos of recently and knew a reasonable amount about it given its quite new - Think he learnt a little more from me given you have to go into the details before make the purchase.

I agree with your logic. I like the fact that there is some lineage with the Golf. Mercedes tend to be on a displacement reduction strategy. Next model, the A25!  :grin:

I always take enthusiasm and attitude over other factors. Good to hear that there are some decent dealerships out there though, I've just had rotten luck although I must give my dealer and salesman his due, he has really made the effort after I told him what I wanted to do.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #665 on: 23 May 2019, 20:59 »

Sorry, meant that it was different from the concept not different from the R. Cool if you have the code, I recall the other thread now.

What about a CSS rear spoiler? Is it purely aesthetic?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #666 on: 23 May 2019, 21:32 »

Sorry, meant that it was different from the concept not different from the R. Cool if you have the code, I recall the other thread now.

What about a CSS rear spoiler? Is it purely aesthetic?

Ah. Probably me being thick! The production spoiler looks more discreet, almost more like the R Performance one.

As for the CSS spoiler, I really think the special edition stuff should stay on those models. Can look a bit daft on other versions. Suppose it’s all personal taste.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #667 on: 23 May 2019, 21:49 »

Know this is a gimmick but be good to see the TCR puddle light logo when lights go down

I did a quick video for my wife which will show you the puddle light. You can download it here: https://app.box.com/s/mm2whhla5ib69kd41rwrdhsuk0lg1jjw

It's a 22.1MB .MOV file so just be warned on size if you're downloading on a mobile connection. It's set to expire on Saturday as I don't want Box hitting for bandwidth costs.

The TCR logo isn't a puddle light, it's actually a little gobo of the logo under the door. The puddle lights remain on the mirrors as before so it's not where I thought it was positioned. You still have the LED lights on the underside of the mirrors per the GTI PP etc.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #668 on: 23 May 2019, 21:53 »

As for the CSS spoiler, I really think the special edition stuff should stay on those models. Can look a bit daft on other versions. Suppose it’s all personal taste.

I think the CSS spoiler is pretty discreet. I hate the look of the Oettinger one that's offered as an option (or was).

Personally, don't mind mods that borrow from the look of a model like the CSS. I think where I draw the line is when people start reproducing the decals and pretending the car is something it's not.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #669 on: 23 May 2019, 21:54 »

I think the CSS spoiler is pretty discreet. I hate the look of the Oettinger one that's offered as an option (or was).

Personally, don't mind mods that borrow from the look of a model like the CSS. I think where I draw the line is when people start reproducing the decals and pretending the car is something it's not.

Know what you mean. There’s a gtd on my daily commute with CS decals. Poor.