Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 Overboost Question  (Read 11182 times)

Offline SWEGTI

• Just got here
Re: Clubsport Edition 40 Overboost Question
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2018, 20:53 »
If you have the transmission in S before you switch to manual, then you get overboost.

Offline SWEGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #31 on: 07 August 2018, 20:53 »
Overboost only works in S mode and gear 3 and above, 10s maximum. It also works using LC.
This according to german forums. And i notice a difference when overtaking in 3.rd and 4:th  with the transmission in S VS D.

Welcome!

(not based in Skåne by any chance?  :tongue:)

Nope, further North.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #32 on: 07 August 2018, 21:51 »
Overboost only works in S mode and gear 3 and above, 10s maximum. It also works using LC.
This according to german forums. And i notice a difference when overtaking in 3.rd and 4:th  with the transmission in S VS D.

Welcome!

(not based in Skåne by any chance?  :tongue:)

Nope, further North.

Had to ask, still to meet another CS owner down here...

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 07 August 2018, 21:56 »
If you have the transmission in S before you switch to manual, then you get overboost.

One to try out shortly....!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 21 August 2018, 16:41 »

Hi SWEGTI,
What is the "LC" you mention?
Thanks!
Jason.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 21 August 2018, 16:48 »

Hi SWEGTI,
Thanks!
Jason.

I guessed launch control but could be wrong.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 21 August 2018, 18:10 »

Hi SWEGTI,
Thanks!
Jason.

Yes, I’d guess that too!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SWEGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #37 on: 21 August 2018, 19:34 »

Hi SWEGTI,
Thanks!
Jason.

Correct :-)

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 23 August 2018, 09:41 »
Ahhhh yes makes sense.
Mine is manual so this didn't occur to me!

I was playing with my 'sport' and 'custom' modes recently and using the boost reading (which shows demand boost - thanks scanesare  :wink: ) I found that the car only demands the full 2.2bar in sport mode, in custom mode with all the settings set to the highest performance, it will not go that high, only to the same 265ps as ECO mode.

The point of that was that I was trying to get the full performance but with the soundaktor turn off, but you can't do that.

I like the natural sound of the car and always found the soundaktor to sound like an old beetle or riced-up Impreza, but I guess I just have to stop listening when I press the loud pedal and enjoy it with all my other senses  :cool:

Thanks guys.

J.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #39 on: 23 August 2018, 10:05 »
The point of that was that I was trying to get the full performance but with the soundaktor turn off, but you can't do that.

I like the natural sound of the car and always found the soundaktor to sound like an old beetle or riced-up Impreza, but I guess I just have to stop listening when I press the loud pedal and enjoy it with all my other senses  :cool:

5 minute job to unplug the soundaktor if you don't like it or turn it off electronically with OBD11. If you haven't got one there is usually someone helpful on here who will offer for beer tokens.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.