Author Topic: exhaust notes  (Read 24005 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: exhaust notes
« Reply #40 on: 19 June 2018, 22:21 »
Thanks, I think! :grin:

MK7 GTi

Offline 7MAT

• Forum Supporter
  • GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 22 June 2018, 11:52 »
Sorry guys a short clip, and the car was cold and started against a wall which makes it sound louder, will try and get another clip sometime...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzraxi3j23iopsl/2018-06-19%2015.20.28.mov?dl=0

Sounds really nice, although was expecting it to sound louder?

How many miles have you done, as the sound does improve.  :grin:

I went for the Remus resonated car back system, really please with the fit and finish.

When i first had it fitted i did think it was a little quiet but after 1000 miles, it sounds lovely.
« Last Edit: 22 June 2018, 17:20 by 7MAT »
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, 3 door, Issac Blue, DCC, Manual. Racingline Stage 1 OEM+, Remus Exhaust system, Sache Performance Clutch.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 22 June 2018, 13:54 »
Sorry guys a short clip, and the car was cold and started against a wall which makes it sound louder, will try and get another clip sometime...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzraxi3j23iopsl/2018-06-19%2015.20.28.mov?dl=0

Sounds really nice, although was expecting it to sound louder?

How many miles have you done, as the sound does improve.  :grin:

I went for the Remus resonated car back system, really please with the fit and finish.

When i first had it fitted i did think it was a little quiet but after 1000 miles, it sound lovely.

Its loud but not overly, and my misses drives the car most of the time so dont want it too loud

MK7 GTi

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #43 on: 22 June 2018, 21:45 »
After a week of commuting, here are my thoughts on the Remus backbox delete...

Cold start - a lovely sound that puts a smile on my face - no complaints from the neighbours or my wife. Looks great.

A roads to motorway - really like it. Not too loud but lets you know it's there.

Motorway - fine up until 3,000rpm but drone above that which gets a bit tiring. Sounds like it needs another gear - maybe they should do a 7 speed DSG ;-) Music is turned up to compensate.

Country roads - bit of extra noise nicely replacing the Soundaktor, which is now turned off. Upshifts with the paddles or in sport DSG mode gives really loud farts. Nice noise on downshifts, particularly when coming to a stop. Happy to drive without music so I can listen to the car.

A few comments at work saying how much better it sounds (although unfortunately one did say "more boy-racer").

Overall, I'm glad I've made the change for the cold starts and country roads but I could see me changing back (and maybe doing the res-delete like jaceyboy) if my commute changed to be more motorway based, as the drone above 3,000rpm is there as feared.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 25 June 2018, 18:09 »
After a week of commuting, here are my thoughts on the Remus backbox delete...

Cold start - a lovely sound that puts a smile on my face - no complaints from the neighbours or my wife. Looks great.

A roads to motorway - really like it. Not too loud but lets you know it's there.

Motorway - fine up until 3,000rpm but drone above that which gets a bit tiring. Sounds like it needs another gear - maybe they should do a 7 speed DSG ;-) Music is turned up to compensate.

Country roads - bit of extra noise nicely replacing the Soundaktor, which is now turned off. Upshifts with the paddles or in sport DSG mode gives really loud farts. Nice noise on downshifts, particularly when coming to a stop. Happy to drive without music so I can listen to the car.

A few comments at work saying how much better it sounds (although unfortunately one did say "more boy-racer").

Overall, I'm glad I've made the change for the cold starts and country roads but I could see me changing back (and maybe doing the res-delete like jaceyboy) if my commute changed to be more motorway based, as the drone above 3,000rpm is there as feared.

I can confirm no drone whatsoever on the res delete :tongue:

MK7 GTi

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 25 June 2018, 20:30 »
I had the resonator chopped out today and I am really impressed. I am surprised how much volume you gain, not only under load but DSG farts too. I was a bit skeptical before having it done because a lot of people online (mainly Americans) have said it made next to no difference but I am 100% happy with it and so glad I didn’t go through with my original plan and chop off the backbox.

I have just recorded a quick clip so once I’ve edited it I’ll get it up ASAP.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 25 June 2018, 20:56 »
I had the resonator chopped out today and I am really impressed. I am surprised how much volume you gain, not only under load but DSG farts too. I was a bit skeptical before having it done because a lot of people online (mainly Americans) have said it made next to no difference but I am 100% happy with it and so glad I didn’t go through with my original plan and chop off the backbox.

I have just recorded a quick clip so once I’ve edited it I’ll get it up ASAP.

Sounds like a result! Thankfully nothing is irreversible... although if I do decide to put the backbox back on and then follow suit I might be more clamps than exhaust!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 25 June 2018, 23:16 »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #48 on: 26 June 2018, 07:01 »
Which one did you go for?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here