Author Topic: DTUK Pedalbox  (Read 44714 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: DTUK Pedalbox
« Reply #150 on: 13 October 2018, 12:58 »
It doesn't seem to affect all cars. I don't see anything wrong with my throttle pedal but others do.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #151 on: 07 February 2019, 22:19 »
im considering one of these for out mk7.5

never found it an issue on the clubsport S but the pedal is a bit inconsistent when pulling away on the normal GTI so would like to sort that

What setting do most people advise?

Thanks
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #152 on: 07 February 2019, 23:14 »
Mine is set to red +1 I think, could go to +3. The R really needs it. Due to the traction it’s very noticeable. Catapult standing starts :wink:
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #153 on: 08 February 2019, 05:48 »
I leave mine on the green "city" setting for urban driving.  Have just returned from my 7.5 GTI's first major country trip and found the orange "sport" setting ideal for country roads, where the instant response could be enjoyed free of stop/start motoring.  I find the fine tuning + and - buttons have little effect on each major setting (green, orange, red).  I tend to shuffle between the major settings.  But IMO the pedal box completely transforms the car.  To the extent where I think I would be driving something else if it weren't for it.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #154 on: 08 February 2019, 05:55 »
Thanks I’ll give one a go I think

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #155 on: 08 February 2019, 09:15 »
Maybe worth popping over to DTUK at Tanfield and see Simon or Andrew they will more than likely have a car you could try to see if you like it or not.
« Last Edit: 08 February 2019, 09:18 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #156 on: 08 February 2019, 09:26 »
I have mine permanently set to sport with one green light. Sport + was a bit too much and I can't see the point in dropping from sport. The point of it to me is to fix the dead initial travel and once on it is down to my foot to judge depending on driving conditions. Thing is you get used to it very quickly so that it seems normal until the dreaded day when you have to switch it off and you remember just how bad the standard response is...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #157 on: 08 February 2019, 13:25 »
Maybe worth popping over to DTUK at Tanfield and see Simon or Andrew they will more than likely have a car you could try to see if you like it or not.

Hi Geoff

Yeah I’ll call over at some point - I’m away with work just now.

I see him around locally a bit and was hoping to catch him for a chat but kept missing him before I came away.

I’ll have a dodge over to their unit when I’m home though
« Last Edit: 08 February 2019, 13:34 by mkviken »

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #158 on: 08 February 2019, 18:50 »
Another thing you may want to try to increase  throttle response, is to put a piece of tape on the throttle. Only put enough on ( I found a piece of gorilla tape sufficient) that, as you put your foot on the throttle, it picks up immediately. Put too much on and the revs" hunt", also the hold won't work. I found it works :nerd:
Try for yourselves and let me know :smiley: (I have Pedal Box on sport -2)
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #159 on: 09 February 2019, 00:51 »
Another thing you may want to try to increase  throttle response, is to put a piece of tape on the throttle. Only put enough on ( I found a piece of gorilla tape sufficient) that, as you put your foot on the throttle, it picks up immediately. Put too much on and the revs" hunt", also the hold won't work. I found it works :nerd:
Try for yourselves and let me know :smiley: (I have Pedal Box on sport -2)

Sorry, but you've lost me  :grin:  Do you mean put some tape on the face of the throttle pedal to make it thicker and effectively closer to the driver?
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.