Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773784 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8930 on: 23 October 2018, 13:31 »
D'ya know, 18 months into truck ownership, I don't think I could ever see myself wanting a 'proper' car again. Most would question why I still visit this GTI forum, but I do still have a GTI. Out of interest I just checked last years MOT certificate to see I'd done 74 miles in it since last October.  :embarrassed:

You’re well and truly a truck convert!  I vaguely recall you pouring scorn on your 4x4 driving neighbours a few years back. Now you’ve joined the redneck club! 

How come they've got no ear tags?

They do, their ear fur is quite long so hides the tags, but they are there.

And......back to Golfs! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8931 on: 23 October 2018, 13:55 »

You’re well and truly a truck convert!  I vaguely recall you pouring scorn on your 4x4 driving neighbours a few years back. Now you’ve joined the redneck club! 

I did, but that was more at the people that move into the country side and buy a 4x4 to be able to negotiate a grassy verge. The Amarok was bought to do a job, but has also proved itself as the perfect MPV.

Now we can go back to Golfs.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8932 on: 23 October 2018, 19:14 »
I took mine to have the small dent which occurred in a Waitrose car park repaired.  This will take three days and cost £450, including VAT. 

I am less than pleased.

I do, however, have the use of a courtesy car, a Vauxhall Astra 1.4 16v.  I would describe it as "nondescript", although when I get the Golf back I will appreciate the DSG gearbox, and the Auto Hold.  The Vauxhall has a five speed do-it-yourself gearbox, and a handbrake lever, both of which feel as though they're from Medieval times.

And the "16v" bit doesn't actually seem to contribute much to forward progress.  If I'd used as much throttle in the Golf as it took for the Astra to overtake a lorry on the M27 on the way home I would probably be in prison by now.

I'm looking forward to Friday.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #8933 on: 24 October 2018, 09:12 »
D'ya know, 18 months into truck ownership, I don't think I could ever see myself wanting a 'proper' car again. Most would question why I still visit this GTI forum, but I do still have a GTI. Out of interest I just checked last years MOT certificate to see I'd done 74 miles in it since last October.  :embarrassed:

How come they've got no ear tags?

They do, their ear fur is quite long so hides the tags, but they are there.

And......back to Golfs!

Mooooooooooootiful animals
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Online Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #8934 on: 26 October 2018, 12:35 »
New mats for the winter ...

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8935 on: 26 October 2018, 14:04 »
I'm going to order some of those but the middle one in the back does not look good....!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8936 on: 26 October 2018, 15:06 »
I'm going to order some of those but the middle one in the back does not look good....!

Maybe the middle one will look better in the flesh.
Maybe I’m just being optimistic!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8937 on: 26 October 2018, 15:45 »

Maybe the middle one will look better in the flesh.
Maybe I’m just being optimistic!  :grin:

Not for me I’m afraid. IMO they look a bit ‘Halfords’. I prefer the VW OEM plain black rubber mats.

Each to their own though and just my opinion.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #8938 on: 26 October 2018, 17:55 »
The rear one is only in because I regularly carry 5 people in the car, I didn't like the look of it but its grown on me and it came with the set. As soon as winter is over the OEM mats will go in until next winter.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #8939 on: 26 October 2018, 20:17 »
New mats for the winter ...

I don't mind these, I wish they made an R set like this, I've just bought a different set from the bay to save my normal mats through the winter. They look like a tyre tread...a fair chunk less than the OE ones. I'm not paying more than £35 for winter rubber mats  :laugh:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints