Author Topic: How to: Run your iPod through you car speakers  (Read 70508 times)

Offline Upperoilcan

• GTI forum regular
Re: How to: Run your iPod through you car speakers
« Reply #30 on: 25 May 2010, 16:27 »
I had VW fit their Ipod connector to my mk 5 GTI,and to say that it's crap is an understatement,really user unfriendly,the biggest waste of a £155.00 i have ever spent,would not recomend getting it done to anyone.
Mk7 GTI in black,DSG,fully loaded.

Offline sammerry

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 02 November 2012, 16:12 »
I just got one of these for my MK5 GTi:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130471975926
Works great and it keeps the fuctionality of the 6CD changer

Offline Ruby22

• Just got here
« Reply #32 on: 13 June 2022, 09:12 »
Hi, I've had my MK8 for a few weeks now (my 4th Golf). I know I can use spoitfy etc etc but I love my ipod classic and cannot get it to come via the car infotainment. It just says hardware not supported. Is there ANY way I can make this happen please? Any ideas?
Thanks,

Ruby

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 13 June 2022, 13:00 »
Hi, I've had my MK8 for a few weeks now (my 4th Golf). I know I can use spoitfy etc etc but I love my ipod classic and cannot get it to come via the car infotainment. It just says hardware not supported. Is there ANY way I can make this happen please? Any ideas?
Thanks,

Ruby
As you are using an ipod I'm assuming you loaded the ipod from Apple music on a computer. If this is the case rather than using the ipod you can simply copy the music you want onto a USB-C stick and plug that directly into one of the two slots in the car below the infotainment screen. Shouldn't take long at all to copy the music over to the stick and you can leave it in the car.
Available here for £7.99 32GB should be more than enough.
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/sandisk-32gb-ultra-usb-type-c-flash-drive-150mb-s.html
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline Ruby22

• Just got here
« Reply #34 on: 13 June 2022, 14:37 »
Hiya, I have had my ipod for more than 10 years and alot of the music pre dates my PC so I dont have all the music on my ipod in itunes, in fact most of it isnt. Thanks for the help though.  :smiley:

Ruby

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 13 June 2022, 15:03 »
https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Headphone-Compatible-MediaPad-Earphone/dp/B07RWT73RZ?tag=pepperegc-21&ascsubtag=2360073481
How about this. A 3.5mm headphone jack to USB-C?
The ipod maybe has the relevant headphone socket.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline Ruby22

• Just got here
« Reply #36 on: 13 June 2022, 15:40 »
Thanks, I have already tried this and nothing, as well as a usbc to 30 pin connector. Still zilch. :-(

Thank you

Ruby.