Author Topic: 1.8T Chipped increase  (Read 2197 times)

Offline TurboBeast

• Here all the time
1.8T Chipped increase
« on: 15 April 2007, 13:47 »
I dunno if anyone can help me but I wanted a rough idea before I even think about ringing my insurance.  I have a 1.8T 1999 S reg and I have 2 years NCB.  I have one accident to my name that was my fault and one that wasn't my fault but never got followed through anyway.  I am 21 and I wanted to have my car chipped to around the 200 mark you get with a standard AGU chip.  I am currently with Elephant with 8 months left has anyone got any rough idea what my increase in premium will be?

Offline rtuk

• Not said much yet
Re: 1.8T Chipped increase
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2007, 10:03 »
Dont tell them they wont know the remap that Racetech do are un trackable even buy the main agents. how ever please be carefull on cheap remaps. Our remaps for a turbo engine car are £400 but you get very good gains.

WWW.RACETECHUK.COM

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2007, 10:10 »
 :shocked:

Dont tell them????? You mean you endorse driving a car on todays roads with invalid insurance??  :angry:

You should be taken out and shot! :evil:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 April 2007, 14:50 »
I dunno if anyone can help me but I wanted a rough idea before I even think about ringing my insurance.  I have a 1.8T 1999 S reg and I have 2 years NCB.  I have one accident to my name that was my fault and one that wasn't my fault but never got followed through anyway.  I am 21 and I wanted to have my car chipped to around the 200 mark you get with a standard AGU chip.  I am currently with Elephant with 8 months left has anyone got any rough idea what my increase in premium will be?

It will vary massively depending on who your insurer is.

As an example tho with us, if you remapped a 150bhp 1.8t too 200bhp you would proably incur approx 25% load on your premium

Martin  :smiley: