Author Topic: New Member Surrey TCR  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
New Member Surrey TCR
« on: 17 July 2020, 08:37 »
Hello all, first foray in to owners club forum for a while.  Was a founding member of Civinfo site for Honda Civics when I had my new shape in 2006, it was a lot of fun and had nearly 90k members and 2.4 million posts!

My first dip of a toe in to the Golf world, I wanted one when I got my Civic but was just a bit more expensive back then and went for the Civ, great car and lasted 14 years with very little wrong with it.

Now I have a TCR in Pure Grey with the 19" upgrade.  What a car!!! love it to bits, fell in love the moment I saw it!  I thought I wanted it in black but glad I hunted round for the PG.  Head turner  :smiley:

2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: New Member Surrey TCR
« Reply #1 on: 17 July 2020, 09:27 »
Welcome to the forum fellow TCR owner!

Very smart! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying mine. If that's a pan roof you have, you may want to keep a close eye on the surround as they are prone to cracking. There are a few threads on it already with pictures so you can see where to look. Best to catch it early!

:smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2020, 09:52 »
Welcome to the forum fellow TCR owner!

Very smart! I hope you are enjoying it as much as I'm enjoying mine. If that's a pan roof you have, you may want to keep a close eye on the surround as they are prone to cracking. There are a few threads on it already with pictures so you can see where to look. Best to catch it early!

:smiley:

Yes it is, thanks for the heads up, does it happen within three years warranty or have VW managed to get round it like emissions? lol

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2020, 12:00 »
They seem to be going very early on. As for warranty cover, a bit hit and miss. As much as the dealer as VW but they are getting done.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2020, 12:18 »
They seem to be going very early on. As for warranty cover, a bit hit and miss. As much as the dealer as VW but they are getting done.

Cheers, I'll have a look.  Tried searching on here but getting error message but I'll plough through.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2020, 13:41 »
Here - http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=286255.0

There are others but plenty to look at. Search may not work until you've posted more, like PMs.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.