Author Topic: gte digi dash in mk1 golf.............anyone tried this  (Read 2834 times)

Offline bowkat

• Just got here
hi, i am struggling installing a digi dash in a mk1 golf.......i am following a wiring diagram i found on the internet seems quite good but im struggling getting wiring up the indicators and headlights from my old clocks as i don't know which is which. has anyone tried this ?

thanks

tom

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
Re: gte digi dash in mk1 golf.............anyone tried this
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2013, 13:05 »
Hi Tom

If you are near Milton Keynes I will fit this for you......If not I will help you regarding the wiring.

Offline bowkat

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2013, 12:37 »
im in manchester, milton keynes abit too far for me.

at the moment ive got the clocks in they light up when i turn the key so power is ok

been using a wiring diagram i found which seems pretty good, the things i'm stuck on are the indicators, lights and speedo, on the gte dash there is a left and right indicator wires but on my golf dash i only have one wire which i think does both do i need to split the wire to both ?

for the speedo i plan to use one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-VENTO-Mk3-2-0-8v-ELECTRONIC-SPEEDO-DRIVE-/181114911989?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVW&hash=item2a2b4a3cf5

do you think it will work ?

thanks

tom

Offline jayatlantis

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2013, 08:17 »
did you use the mk3 sensor in the end? did it work?only real thing holding me up now!