Author Topic: A4 B8 wheels on a GTD  (Read 3445 times)

Offline djwoody

• Not said much yet
A4 B8 wheels on a GTD
« on: 23 September 2016, 15:42 »
Hi.
I used to own an Audi A4 B8 before I bought my GTD and have some winter wheels/tyres from the Audi.

I'm pretty sure the wheels would go on:
18" 112x5 8J 47ET.

Does anyone know if these will go on?

The tyres are 245/40/18.

Regards
Chris

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
Re: A4 B8 wheels on a GTD
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2016, 17:35 »
They have the same PCD as the Golf wheels so they will go on. IIRC the GTD wheels have an offset of 51, so these wheels will sit further out in the arches slightly. The extra width might be a problem - either sticking out past the arch or rubbing?

You might have to chuck one on and see if it works.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2016, 19:02 »
Theyll go. People chuck spacers on the mk7 without problems so youll still be clear the arch id though

Offline djwoody

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2016, 19:36 »
Theyll go. People chuck spacers on the mk7 without problems so youll still be clear the arch id though

Yes, wheels I'm pretty sure as I have seen some pictures online.
You think 245 tyres would be ok?

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2016, 19:55 »
It's the tyre width I was referring to. You might just have to give it a go.

Edit: A quick google, reveals this http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9162

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 23 September 2016, 21:04 »
O no 245 is an extra 20mm wide. If ir was me it would have 225 on.
Sorry I was going on offset, must have skimmed tyre size

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2016, 16:13 »
I can hopefully give you a little bit of help from my experience...

I'm running 235/35/19 on a 19x8.5 rim with an offset of 48. Admittedly I'm lowered on Eibach Sportline springs but that shouldn't matter for the info for yourself.

The results of this are:-

1. I had some rubbing on the wheelarch screw (just inside the top of the wheelarch) if I hit larger bumps that compressed the suspension a decent amount. Easy fix is to remove the screw and pop the liner above the tab that it used to screw into - you may also have issues with this as whilst you are not lowered, the tyres will be not only wider than mine, but taller in the arch too.

2. I've had some rubbing of the inner shoulder of the tyre rubbing on the inner wheelarch at the front on full lock. You will definitely have the same rubbing as I do (but worse) due to your tyres being both wider and taller.

I would say that the wheels would definitely fit (check the centre bore is the same, some audi centre bores are larger than VW ones even with the same PCD of 5 x 112.

I'd also say the tyres would be better downsized to 225/40 R 18 for a rub free setup.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!