Author Topic: 2 visits back to dealer in 5 months  (Read 7400 times)

Offline wag29

• Not said much yet
2 visits back to dealer in 5 months
« on: 02 May 2015, 14:54 »
Hi all,
         Had my GTD for 5 months now having changed it from a mk 6 GTI, which i owned for 18 months with no issues. Wish the same could be said for the GTD, covered 2000 miles and as I said 5 months old, was in last week to replace rear shocks as one was knocking and though it has had both replaced I am still not convinced it has  completely cured the problem as there is still a thumping/ knocking noise coming into the car. As I know with 19 inch alloys the ride may not be as forgiving as but my previous golf was fitted wit 19 inch glendales but ride was much more forgiving. New issue now is radio has mind of its own where there is not always a display on screen although there is sound and sometimes does not come on at all!, goes in next week either for software update or replacement head. VW build quality eh! :angry:

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
Re: 2 visits back to dealer in 5 months
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2015, 15:30 »
Flip that's not good at all mate, must say I'm happy wif mine, apart from the crappy wipers I've had no real issues, I think I have heard a slight bump from the rear whilst going over speed bumps but certainly not all the time, hope you get it sorted and start enjoying it :smiley:
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 03 May 2015, 12:40 »
The mk7 platform appears to be very poor over speed bumps and raised table humps. Suspension sounds terrible over anything where you get a fast compression of the shock absorber where a gradual compression in every day driving it sounds ok.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 03 May 2015, 16:00 »
I take it the dealer thought the knocking noise you were complaining about was abnormal? Have you tried driving another Mk7 and listened to that?

They do all seem to have quite a distinctive noise from the rear suspension - I wouldn't call it too loud or worrying though.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wag29

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2015, 14:53 »
Hi all update on radio issue, CAN THINGS GET ANY WORSE! techs  unable to replicate problem with radio, but not too disappointed as I thought this may be the case as it not a problem that happens all the time so will keep an eye on it and video it on my phone when it occurs again and show them what is happening. But the worst thing is I collected the car on Friday afternoon after being at the dealers for two and a half days,  drove the car home put it straight in the garage. Got the car out this morning to go out in it and noticed scuffs on my front o/s wheel and damage to the front splitter on the front bumper :angry: if service would have been open today would have been back there today but now have to sit here seething all day till I can ring them first thing in the morning and see what explanation they can give. Going to demand a new 19" Santiago wheel and not a repair, and damage to front splitter rectified! :angry:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2015, 22:40 »
Got the car out this morning to go out in it and noticed scuffs on my front o/s wheel and damage to the front splitter on the front bumper :angry: if service would have been open today would have been back there today but now have to sit here seething all day till I can ring them first thing in the morning and see what explanation they can give. Going to demand a new 19" Santiago wheel and not a repair, and damage to front splitter rectified! :angry:

I feel your pain. I've started getting them to come out and inspect my car before leaving so there are no quibbles if damage occurs. I have had a dealer point blank refuse to accept they scratched an alloy and the rear of my MK6.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2015, 09:22 »
Anybody taking a car for work at a dealer needs to do a walk round with a staff member and have any issues recorded. Then inspect it yourself (before leaving dealer premises) on collection and any issues caused by them will very clearly be the dealer's problem.

Tiresome - but very necessary...

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2015, 19:42 »
^^^^ Yeah good advice.

I feel a bit of a c0ck asking them to inspect it but the more folk that do it the more they will hopefully take notice and treat cars with respect.

In saying that they have got no problems walking you out to a courtesy car and inspecting that for damage before you drive it away!!!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline wag29

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2015, 20:49 »
Hi all,
         Went back to dealers yesterday to confront them about damage to splitter and wheel, was expecting them to say damage must have happened when I left the dealership, so was ready to give them what for!, but having shown the service manager the damage he said it must have happened whilst it was parked up in the car park as the damage to wheel does not really look like it has been kerbed whilst driving but appears like someone has reversed into wheel as there is some damage towards the centre of wheel. They have agreed to repair the wheel and splitter, but will be giving it a good inspection when I collect the car to make sure they have done a decent job. He said they will get a guy to do a smart repair on the wheel but I was under the impression diamond cut alloys have to be re-cut and laquerd and only normal alloys are smart repairable. Got the service guy to do an inspection of my car with me before I left, just to be sure this time!!

Offline Duroo72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2015, 21:44 »
My MK7 GTD Will be the last golf I have, in the last month it's been in the dealers twice:

.Auto Hold Sticking - dealer replaced discs but problem seems to be slowly coming back but say they cant replicate the fault

.Tyre Pressure Sensors misreading - Dealer keeps saying can't replicate the fault but the pressures were low we've reset them see how it goes

.Drivers Side One Shot Window Intermittantly Not working - Dealer says cannot replicate issue (there's a time building here!)

.Engine Management Light On - O2 Sensor replaced this week, let's see what happens.......

If anyone knows the fix for the above I'd appreciate some info as I'm getting fed up driving 1.0 Polo loan cars.
I wouldn't mind but my MK5 GT had several sticky issues from new and one problematic fuel sender issue that took many dealer visits and a visit from VW themselves to cure an incorrectly wired loom.
I use to have great faith in VW as a brand but no longer feel any loyalty to them whatsoever especially now with their crafty price increases ie charging for Tornado that has been free for as long as I can remember.
GTD -  Tornado Red - Dynaudio - Winterpack - Mans Gearbox!