Author Topic: Biturbo  (Read 3888 times)

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
Biturbo
« on: 17 January 2015, 23:07 »
I have just driven today the new Passat Biturbo and have to say its very quick. I have had 1 on order since Oct and am happy I took the plunge. My wife has a Alltrack 177bhp dsg and the Biturbo feels so much quicker. The new 7sp dsg mates really well and is ultra smooth.  The car its self is a big step up in the interior on the B7 Passat. Familiar switch gear on the steering wheel etc common to mk7 Golf.
The car only had 20mls on the clock and felt amazingly quick. God knows what its like after its first service.
The test car was a GT spec and i have a R line on order and my only criticism is the 18" look small with a large wheel arch gap on the GT spec. Other than that its a dam good car..
« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 10:31 by mikeok »
GTI PP,CSG, dsg, DCC, keyless, park assist 19"Santiagos.
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Golf R on order. 5dr dsg, 19", keyless.
Passat Estate Biturbo Black, on order.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
Re: Biturbo
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2015, 10:52 »
Just looked it up, that's actually an awesome looking car. I would definitely consider one if I needed a bit more space.

How were the digital dials?

I'm just imaging adding a dtuk to it, 300-310bhp?? With 4motion to get the power down, whee!

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2015, 12:48 »
Hi
Yes I love the fast estate look. Some thing Audi has exellend in and now vw finally has the engine for this.
The digital dials are only available later on UK spec cars and I think you have the usual con of having to order another expensive option to get them...but iv not really looked in to this my self. My order has standard dials as did the dealer one I drove.
I'm having a similar problem as with my Golf R order. It's yoyo all over for build week at the moment. I suspect that like the R if you add certain things it will push the build week back a lot. If you add 19" and or Dynaudio  on the R for example it will be a mk8 Golf by the time  you get it... The Biturbo came with a lot of kit std so iv kept it simple. I was originally bw 2 and guess what it's now about 6 or 8 I think.
« Last Edit: 18 January 2015, 13:16 by mikeok »
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2015, 13:59 »
Just looked it up, that's actually an awesome looking car. I would definitely consider one if I needed a bit more space.

How were the digital dials?

I'm just imaging adding a dtuk to it, 300-310bhp?? With 4motion to get the power down, whee!

Stock is never enough!  :grin:

I can imagine that right now a stock Bi-Turbo Passat will feel like it has the same kick as a DTUK GTD, but without the bottom end tramping.

Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 18 January 2015, 14:03 »
Mikeok: I hear you on the R build weeks. Mine was BW4, jumping to BW8 on the day I decided to add Prets (before I actually added them) and now it's BW15!!!  :shocked:

Perhaps I have not helped myself by adding the Prets later and also choosing Lapiz Blue - as an R exclusive colour I imagine they'll probably build Lapiz cars in campaigns, if they don't have a dedicated paint booth for that colour (doubt they would have one for Lapiz). DBP was a very close second choice for me.

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2015, 14:33 »
Hi
I have the 19" on my R but from the original order back in Oct.
I am around bw 8 but was moving around all the time still. The perts make a huge difference as they can't make enough but the car looks so much better than the std. Perts, Dynaudio and Pano roof....avoid these 3 if you want a car before retirement. .lol crazy really Dynaudio has only recently become available and they obviously haven't bothered there ass to make any units
« Last Edit: 19 January 2015, 17:13 by mikeok »
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2015, 16:02 »
Mike - you've got a Golf 7R on order and now have ordered a Passat bi-turbo?

One car for each hand or no other way of spending those lottery millions?

Enquiring minds...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 19 January 2015, 16:29 »
Yes correct.
1 is the wife's. .got to keep her happy..Unfortunately our numbers have not come up yet..lol
Climate windscreen, Nav.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 19 January 2015, 16:51 »
I saw the new Passat at Benfield Silverlink on Sunday (noseying around for a look at an R - which they didn't have) - it looked absolutely massive. The one I saw was a "normal" 2.0TDI in DBP.

Offline mikeok

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 19 January 2015, 17:11 »
Hi
They are actually slight smaller than the current 1 but they have moved the wheels further along giving more room inside. Leg room in the rear is huge. But I agree from the outside they do look long. When you drive it feels like a Golf you really don't notice the length. 
Climate windscreen, Nav.