Author Topic: Bi-turbo 4 cyl diesel confirmed?  (Read 3516 times)

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline EpicUsername

• Not said much yet
Re: Bi-turbo 4 cyl diesel confirmed?
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2013, 12:11 »
A GTD....R?  :shocked:

Offline Hawaii-Five-O

• I live here
  • Are we nearly there yet?
Current: BMW M140i / ZF8 / 5 DR
Past: MK7 GTI / DSG / WHITE / 5 DR

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2013, 08:36 »
I'd definately buy an R D!

Currently my Mk7 GTD is built as BW40 and has gone to 'In Transit' on the tracker - yeh!!! :grin:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

mjh_056

« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2013, 09:20 »
It might just be the next GTD if you consider the next GTI will likely get a powerlift also.

But if it is to be a Diesel R then how they name and style it would be a problem as the R is a standalone at the moment and you hardly going to call it a D R as that looks rubbish and the R does not have a red stripe and red interior to monochrome and you can hardly have 4 exhausts in middle to make it look different.

Could just pop this engine in an R though and only person know driving a diesel or petrol just on looks would be the driver.

I love the R, that blue is awesome and love it's understated looks and be my car of choice in either form.

One of my worries on getting this GTD was losing the Quattro in putting the power down and so be scrabbling all over the place but that has been allayed by some real time reports you guys giving now though you do wonder how much power the Golf can take before the extra power becomes near useless on the GTI and GTD?

Any you guys who have chipped your cars offer thoughts on that.

Going to be an interesting few years ahead as think companies are going to be pushing their drivers down the E-Tron path if that successful but imagine petrol/diesel engines will keep improving too ..