Author Topic: Upgrade speakers and bluetooth kit/USB  (Read 1596 times)

Offline GTDnurse

• Just got here
Upgrade speakers and bluetooth kit/USB
« on: 26 September 2016, 20:15 »
Hi Guys

Just joined this forum after lurking for a while and have a quick question. My last GT TDI MK5 died on me last month and im proper gutted as it was immense. Never mind as ive just got a MK6 GTD which is somehow even better (cant wait till this dies to get the MK7). The only real issue im having is with the audio quality. The radio reception isn't great at best and only picks up a few stations whereas the MK5 had no issues in the same area with the same stations, which isn't a big deal because I have an odd music taste so listen to my phone more than anything. But with the same phone the audio is awful, its crackly, very distorted and just sounds naff. In the MK5 with the same phone and same songs it was so much better. So it can only be speakers or Bluetooth kit.

Apparently my MK5 had a bose sound system, don't know how true that is and had a different parrot kit. So im looking to upgrade the speakers and Bluetooth kit or somehow make the USB thing work in the glove box it just says no media on the radio, but It charges my phone and my phone reacts to the usb.

How easy it is to upgrade the speakers to something a bit better and you have any recommendations?

Thanks
Alex

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Upgrade speakers and bluetooth kit/USB
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2016, 10:00 »
Focal do a lovely mk6 specific upgrade for the front.

No Bose in a mk5 ;)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: Upgrade speakers and bluetooth kit/USB
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2016, 12:54 »
The focal kit looks like the best option for a speaker upgrade, looked at it myself but buying my first home soon means a lack of fund for the foreseeable future.

Install video here if you're interested, nothing hard:
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=HUCEIfX3zgA

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive