Author Topic: GTI Clubsport S - Opinions & Feedback  (Read 13652 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: GTI Clubsport S - Opinions & Feedback
« Reply #70 on: 27 September 2016, 15:41 »
I have plenty of time, I'm an accountant.

The data was interesting, it showed up to the legal limit on a motorway of 70mph that the Clubsport S came 3rd out of 4th.  Therefore, my point stands that there are quicker cars out there, for the same/less money.

:grin: wrong again.

40 to 70:

CS: 3,4"
Cupra: 3,7"
Type-R: 3,5"
Focus RS: 3,9"

Embarrassing deduction skills, especially for accountant. Are you actually employed?

I'm looking at cumulative times my friend (ie. 0-70 just to be clear).  So, still 3rd out of 4th then  :rolleyes:

And yes, I have my own business, thanks for asking.  Hence why I can post on here anytime I want.  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #71 on: 27 September 2016, 16:08 »
I'm looking at cumulative times my friend (ie. 0-70 just to be clear).  So, still 3rd out of 4th then  :rolleyes:

Reality check:

Why would anyone care about 0-60 times in the real world? How many launch their cars at a regular basis? Have a look in an R sub-forum and most R owners will say they don't even know how the Launch Control works yet (let alone try it) or that they did it once or twice during the entire time of their ownership, and it makes sense actually.

To properly launch the car and hit the official 0-60 time is not as simple as writing in a forum. You need to find a proper place and time. Traffic light areas which demand the cars to come to a stop usually don't allow for 60mph speeds not to mention you should be locked up if you even try that in an urban environment. And I hope you don't plan on coming to a full stop on a highway. Any of the above looks ridiculous and dangerous really.

Sprinting from 30-40mph to 70mph or 80mph or whatever the top speed limit is in every country is a much easier and safer task than can be enjoyed every time. I wonder which case (0-60 or 30-70) can be considered real world performance :wink:
« Last Edit: 27 September 2016, 16:10 by scanesare »

Offline GT4

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #72 on: 27 September 2016, 22:44 »
Come on Guys ... I have a GT4 sat in the garage with a 0 to 60 time slower than the new Boxster S PDK ... Does this mean the Boxster is a faster car than a GT4 ...? No, it doesn't - as the measure of the Gt4 is how fast it covers ground from 50 to 80 Mph and at that point it will leave anything bar a 911 Turbo in its wake - but again its not just about that turn of speed but rather how it gets there ... The Noise from the Mid engine, the Shotgun reloading of the gear shift, the incredible turn into a corner and the way it literally throws you out of a bend asthough on elastic is what has made the Gt4 arguably the best Sports car in the World ... In a way - this is what VW are trying to do with the CS-S ... Give the driver speed across ground and in setting a Nurburgring time just 5 seconds off the GT4 which is quicker than 360 Stradale and 430 - VW have created a true enthusiast driving car something that they have never aged to do with FWD or the horsepower the Golf has ever had .... Well done to VW :grin:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #73 on: 27 September 2016, 23:01 »
Come on Guys ... I have a GT4 sat in the garage with a 0 to 60 time slower than the new Boxster S PDK ... Does this mean the Boxster is a faster car than a GT4 ...? No, it doesn't - as the measure of the Gt4 is how fast it covers ground from 50 to 80 Mph and at that point it will leave anything bar a 911 Turbo in its wake - but again its not just about that turn of speed but rather how it gets there ... The Noise from the Mid engine, the Shotgun reloading of the gear shift, the incredible turn into a corner and the way it literally throws you out of a bend asthough on elastic is what has made the Gt4 arguably the best Sports car in the World ... In a way - this is what VW are trying to do with the CS-S ... Give the driver speed across ground and in setting a Nurburgring time just 5 seconds off the GT4 which is quicker than 360 Stradale and 430 - VW have created a true enthusiast driving car something that they have never aged to do with FWD or the horsepower the Golf has ever had .... Well done to VW :grin:
Well said and beautifully put :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #74 on: 28 September 2016, 08:03 »

Correction: "Come on guy"  without an S. What you write above is what I've been saying throughout the whole thread by bringing up roll acceleration and actual speed through corners (Nurburgring resembles a b-road more than any other track in the world so it's quite indicative really). I'm sure it was clear to everybody else but I do have a soft spot for feeding trolls I admit that :tongue:
« Last Edit: 28 September 2016, 08:05 by scanesare »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #75 on: 28 September 2016, 08:06 »

Couldnt argue with that, ive got a couple of mates with gt4s and there definately a different breed of car

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
« Reply #76 on: 28 September 2016, 19:33 »

I am new to the forum and have an allocation for a Clubsport S and was given "Black" as my pre-determined colour ..!

(sorry, bit late to this thread)

At last, someone else who had no choice of colour, I was told I was having black too.