Author Topic: Rolling Road - abit closer to home  (Read 2145 times)

Offline TJJONESVDUB

• Here all the time
  • Give me lip and il tattoo daihatsu to your head!
Rolling Road - abit closer to home
« on: 17 February 2010, 19:24 »
A few of the boys im mates with off rebelmotorsports are having a rolling road day, its in wales which is rare and not as far as R-tech so i think this may be a good day to a few of us from wales & west, the more people that come the cheaper it is. Ive just paid the £20, whos in?

http://rebelmotorsportclub.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1577&sid=d6826b51f34e23fe5746cabc1a8a14b5

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Rolling Road - abit closer to home
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2010, 19:31 »
Two things

1) can't view the link without logging in
2) http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140353.0  is not a million miles away

:smiley:

Offline TJJONESVDUB

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2010, 01:13 »
Thats for 1 run and is further than cardiff and the rebel motorsports event is 3 runs by Got boost, so value for money wize?? and to sign up takes all of 20 seconds put a user name and password and then activate via email and your in. I was just asking if anybody wanted to come as its a mix of cars i.e skylines, type R's , rx8s the lot, slightly better than Vw after Vw i think.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2010, 11:17 »
Thats for 1 run and is further than cardiff and the rebel motorsports event is 3 runs by Got boost, so value for money wize?? and to sign up takes all of 20 seconds put a user name and password and then activate via email and your in. I was just asking if anybody wanted to come as its a mix of cars i.e skylines, type R's , rx8s the lot, slightly better than Vw after Vw i think.

well its a VW site for people who love VW's. i would much rather it be VW after VW. plus they do three runs to get an average. doesnt make a difference. 1 run is enough and TSR do more if necessary to get an accurate reading. Plus turbo cars are only good for one run really, due to the heat.

Offline TJJONESVDUB

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2010, 20:20 »
im a die hard VW fan mate, ive been collecting them since i bought my first mk3 when i was 15, every car other than my BMW which i had to sell  has been a VW. Still that doesnt mean when a scooby sti drives past me i dont think i would love one of them. Thats all i was saying was to the likes of the welsh boys and bristol its closer than r-tech and the other one rhysco said about so it may of been helpful and cheap as a pre test before r-tech this summer