Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1157940 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #30 on: 26 June 2013, 23:54 »
Thanks guys!
No parking sensors no... You guessed it, they are a cost option too! Are they standard in UK?
I do have the rear camera though, more useful IMO and the bumpers don't have the ugly sensors!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline AAddict

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 27 June 2013, 00:04 »
Thanks guys!
No parking sensors no... You guessed it, they are a cost option too! Are they standard in UK?
I do have the rear camera though, more useful IMO and the bumpers don't have the ugly sensors!

Yeah front and rear are standard here. I've gone for camera too. They really give you guys a poverty spec eh? What does it cost to match UK spec in Ireland?
Cancelled GTI, M135i beast mode.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 27 June 2013, 00:30 »
My car is coming in at around 39,000 euro! It's fairly close to standard UK spec. I don't have ADC or the parking sensors, but I have basic Nav, camera and the alcantara seats.
The basic poverty spec car starts at about 33k euro.

The Irish government's insane taxing of new cars is mostly to blame. So VW Ireland, in an effort to keep base price down, strip out the frills.
The German cars are similarly spec'd to us though. It seems to be only VW UK that spec the cars up as standard.

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 27 June 2013, 07:00 »
Very exciting Joe and right on time for the 132 plate!!

I'll look out for you on my travels!!

Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #34 on: 27 June 2013, 08:59 »
Yeah looking awesome mate, can't wait to see more pictures and hear your comments!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 27 June 2013, 09:39 »
Very nice. I love the seats. If only UK cars had those as standard  :tongue:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 29 June 2013, 16:00 »
Finally got to see my car in the metal this afternoon. Wow! The pics don't do this beast justice! A few more pics... The interior is fabulous, really feels leagues above the mk6. The centre console seems so much bigger, like from a car a size above. I love the LED front fogs. Can't even see them when unlit.
The keyless entry works brilliantly. The half alcantara seats are fab!!
I only started it up briefly in the showroom, lovely growl off the exhaust on startup!

Bring on Monday!!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 29 June 2013, 16:33 »
Looks lovely mate! Bridgestones as well, i can't wait to get mine! 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Gung-Ho

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 29 June 2013, 17:23 »
Looking good Joe....
Current Toys: Mk7 Golf R 5dr 'Manual', Lapiz Blue, 18" Cadiz Alloys... Caterham R300 Superlight... new Mazda MX5 2.0 SE-L (ND)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 29 June 2013, 17:31 »
Another thing I noticed, the side skirts are much more prominent when you see the car in the metal. In photos they look very discrete, but much more obvious in metal... And they kinda run around the perimeter of the car, under both bumpers. Looks good, nice detail.

Oh and found myself trying to insert the key into the non-existent ignition  :grin: so I can see how that area could get very scratched on demos especially!! Mine has a tiny scratch there already, not noticeable enough to stress about though.

And another thing... The mk6 has a gloss black grill, which I've always liked. But I notice the mk7 has reverted to a plain (cheaper?) mk5 style plastic grill.
« Last Edit: 29 June 2013, 18:00 by JoeGTI »