Author Topic: VR6 into Cabrio Inc aircon  (Read 681 times)

Offline garethcab

• Not said much yet
VR6 into Cabrio Inc aircon
« on: 11 November 2010, 22:53 »
I'm currently hunting down on eBay a good donor car for my vr6 into cabrio project. I quite like the idea of one with aircon and I just missed one that had digital climate control!

Does anyone know any reason it won't go in? I know its more work as i read somewhere that you need change the whole heater matrix but I figured that whilst I have it all in bits, I might as well!

Thx

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: VR6 into Cabrio Inc aircon
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2010, 23:27 »
Forget it to be honest, it is a right ball ache retro fitting aircon even with a doner car.

You will need the dash out to replace the complete heater assembly.

I did it on my Vectra, never again.

Offline garethcab

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 12 November 2010, 08:46 »
I kinda assumed, probably incorrectly, that once I removed the dash which I again assumed wouldn't be much hassle, it would all be in my face.

However, I do seem to remember reading an article, I think was for an Audi and thinking OMG.

If I did happen to get a donor with aircon, I guess it's just a compressor on a pulley and I can just not use it.

Lot of guessing and assumptions here, lol

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 12 November 2010, 08:52 »
if you get a donor car with air con and decide not to fit the air con then remove the compressor and go buy the shorter pulley.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2010, 08:59 »
if you get a donor car with air con and decide not to fit the air con then remove the compressor and go buy the shorter pulley.

Shorter belt needed, pulley is the same I believe.
« Last Edit: 12 November 2010, 09:01 by Wayne »