Author Topic: water pump and cambelt done  (Read 2957 times)

Offline theshrew

• GTI forum regular
Re: water pump and cambelt done
« Reply #20 on: 06 March 2009, 17:34 »

[/quote]

i know the hardest part of doin it is makin sure it all lined up proberly,it was a nervous time when i put me keys in the barrel ready to start her up.
[/quote]

Didnt you turn it over by hand first ?

Stevo-Anni

« Reply #21 on: 06 March 2009, 17:54 »
i got quoted £360 For cambelt and tentioners including fitting from VW but they offered me a price match if anyone can get me a quote cheaper using genuine parts please email me!

Need a genuine water pump with metal fins! linky!
« Last Edit: 06 March 2009, 17:59 by Stevo-Anni »

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
« Reply #22 on: 06 March 2009, 22:38 »

i know the hardest part of doin it is makin sure it all lined up proberly,it was a nervous time when i put me keys in the barrel ready to start her up.
[/quote]

Didnt you turn it over by hand first ?

[/quote]

yes m8 we did but still heart stoppin

Offline Pete H

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 07 March 2009, 12:58 »
i got quoted £360 For cambelt and tentioners including fitting from VW but they offered me a price match if anyone can get me a quote cheaper using genuine parts please email me!

i got quoted the same mate, then found another dealership doing them for £280 local, so rang the other one back and they said they'd match it, reeesult!

mine's booked in for wednesday, for a 40k service aswell, that is £199, the strange thing was the garage that wanted £280 for the belt, there 40k service was £322,so i just played them against each other and got it down as much as i could.

Stevo-Anni

« Reply #24 on: 08 March 2009, 11:30 »

i got quoted the same mate, then found another dealership doing them for £280 local, so rang the other one back and they said they'd match it, reeesult!

mine's booked in for wednesday, for a 40k service aswell, that is £199, the strange thing was the garage that wanted £280 for the belt, there 40k service was £322,so i just played them against each other and got it down as much as i could.

just gave mine a 30k service paid £275 for the full stage 3 service, just need the belt tensioners and pump doing now

Offline Pete H

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 08 March 2009, 11:46 »

just gave mine a 30k service paid £275 for the full stage 3 service, just need the belt tensioners and pump doing now

what's a 30k, stage 3 service involve? i just wana start fresh so i know everything is done. :smug:

Stevo-Anni

« Reply #26 on: 09 March 2009, 11:48 »
Vw offer 3 different services,

1. is simple check, oil and filer change,
2 is errors check, oil and filter and fuel filter and genral car check over
3 is full check, error check, oil and all filter change and spark plugs, good full car check over, and they even hoovered and washed my car aswell

along these lines and thats just what i remember them telling me but correct me if im wrong.