Author Topic: gti exhaust  (Read 7784 times)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: gti exhaust
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2020, 16:32 »
Bad man  :evil:

I’ve bought full loaded cars with xenons leathers and for less than it costs for a meal for two

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2020, 19:13 »
but did you have to wear gloves when you touched them :wink:

Offline 4overpar

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2020, 20:38 »
Thanks for that Topher, hopefully the cat is ok when I get a look today.

barrym
My car is a one owner, 62k miles with FVWSH, apart from slight corrosion on the bottom of the front wings and the odd age related mark the car is immaculate!
Exhausts like brakes, general servicing are wear and tear that every car will have at some point.
I think this one deserves at least an exhaust.. if needed :smiley:

All that means nothing in a world where mk4 gtis  are worth peanuts regardless of mileage and history and if you’ve just bought it I’d been keen to hear what u paid for it

All that means something in a world of me…Looks like you have a bit of an issue with Mk4 Gti’s……..and prices matey!!
For your info I actually got this car from a family member as it was not getting used (hence the mileage) so for a paltry sum (peanuts) (which will probably go to the kids) I thought I’d take it!
Since 1983 I have owned 6 Golf Gti’s (3 Mk1’s, 3 Mk2’s, a mk4s mk5 and mk6 and a 1985 Scirocco Strom in between somewhere and now the family car is…. Yes, you’ve guessed it a Golf mk7 tdi….So I’ve kinda been around them long enough to know what I have, just a bit out of touch with the MK4.

My summer hobby is my 1991 911 c2 (964) which I have owned for 18 years and will be on the road in April till September, in which time I will replace the front wings on the GTI tidy up all the small jobs and maybe pass it on for Walnuts :smiley:
Maybe everyone on this section should sell there Mk4’s for peanuts and shut it down!!?? :smiley:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 14 February 2020, 02:46 »
Thanks for that Topher, hopefully the cat is ok when I get a look today.

barrym
My car is a one owner, 62k miles with FVWSH, apart from slight corrosion on the bottom of the front wings and the odd age related mark the car is immaculate!
Exhausts like brakes, general servicing are wear and tear that every car will have at some point.
I think this one deserves at least an exhaust.. if needed :smiley:

All that means nothing in a world where mk4 gtis  are worth peanuts regardless of mileage and history and if you’ve just bought it I’d been keen to hear what u paid for it

All that means something in a world of me…Looks like you have a bit of an issue with Mk4 Gti’s……..and prices matey!!
For your info I actually got this car from a family member as it was not getting used (hence the mileage) so for a paltry sum (peanuts) (which will probably go to the kids) I thought I’d take it!
Since 1983 I have owned 6 Golf Gti’s (3 Mk1’s, 3 Mk2’s, a mk4s mk5 and mk6 and a 1985 Scirocco Strom in between somewhere and now the family car is…. Yes, you’ve guessed it a Golf mk7 tdi….So I’ve kinda been around them long enough to know what I have, just a bit out of touch with the MK4.

My summer hobby is my 1991 911 c2 (964) which I have owned for 18 years and will be on the road in April till September, in which time I will replace the front wings on the GTI tidy up all the small jobs and maybe pass it on for Walnuts :smiley:
Maybe everyone on this section should sell there Mk4’s for peanuts and shut it down!!?? :smiley:

I’ve no issues at all with mk4s as I’ve owned over 30 of them so know them better than most people and owned most other hot hatches sold just didn’t want you paying more money than the cars worth for an exhaust  :grin: and the value of mk4s are that low ask poor wazzer the guy that looks after this section he put his heart and soul into his car and a small bump made him realise there true value that much so his car was worth more in bits that’s why he broke it

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 14 February 2020, 02:48 »
but did you have to wear gloves when you touched them :wink:

That’s a mk3 your thinking of