Author Topic: Music Skipping When Indicating.  (Read 1308 times)

Offline GTi Andy

• Not said much yet
Music Skipping When Indicating.
« on: 26 December 2018, 13:24 »
It’s getting a bit frustrating this. After starting the engine and indicating for the first time the current track I’m listening to will skip back to the start. This happens when listening over Bluetooth and via the USB but only the first time I use the indicator after that it’s fine. I have the discover pro unit.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Music Skipping When Indicating.
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2018, 08:48 »
Is it a Mk7.5?

If so, its the bloody gesture control.... turn it off.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTi Andy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2018, 23:44 »
Yes a 7.5 67 plate. I’ll try turning it off as to be honest I don’t use it. I’ll mention it to the dealers when in for its next service. Thanks.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2018, 11:33 »
Let us know if turning it off cures it...

It annoyed the hell out of me for the first few days before I realised what its doing.

The whole thing is stupid anyway, even if you intentionally use it, the mechanism is so damned random that you can't make it do what you want without looking down, in which case you might as well use the buttons.... or better still use the buttons on the steering wheel which you can find without looking!

I'm guessing its an experiment to see if the steering wheel buttons can be removed in the Mk8 to reduce cost...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTi Andy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2018, 15:42 »
Well, it worked so thank you. I still can’t work how the gesture control is linked to the track skipping back when indicating for the first time!