Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 544004 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #890 on: 20 February 2017, 16:46 »
What a delightful description Simon, lol.

I think all pressure washers, regardless of make throw a wobbler at some point and usually when you are right in the middle of a job. A few weeks ago I couldn't uncouple my snow foam lance for love nor money from the PW lance handle, eventually resorting to various tools and grease.  Spent more time trying to get it apart than takes to clean the car.  Was prepared for battle the next time I used it but Sod's Law came as easy as anything!

Anyway I won't be eating cheese for a while now.   
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #891 on: 21 February 2017, 15:15 »
I think that the Karcher lance may have been dropped, or rammed down drains too many times. It looks fairly chewed up and the spray pattern is all over the place.

That's probably just an age thing.
My personal spray pattern leaves a lot to desired as the wife will attest :wink:

I looked up Nilfisk trouble shooting, and they say to take off the high pressure hose and run water through the machine for 5 minutes. During this time it did a fair amount of coughing and sputtering as it seemed to be clearing an air lock. It seems to be OK at the moment, but I haven't run it for long enough to get really hot yet.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #892 on: 04 March 2017, 13:32 »
Gave it a wash as 3 weeks since last done and was a dirty girl.

Before

-•   Pre-wash: VP Advanced Neutral Snow foam followed by VP Citrus pre-wash, VP Bilberry on wheels and tailpipes
•   3 bucket wash with Swissvax Car Bath
•   Rinse and dry
•   Tailpipes polished with Mothers Mag & Aluminium polish
•   Tyres dressed with Achem Hi-shine Longlife Tyre Dressing
•   Glass cleaned with Obsessive Detail Clarity Glass Cleaner and finished with Obsessive Detail Clarity Rain Repellent (except windscreen)

During

Back to some semblance of cleanliness on a dull miserable day!

After

And then a bird crapped all over it, grrr. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #893 on: 04 March 2017, 14:54 »
Looks Stunning Bec... :cool:

Was all set to do the full works on mine and then it started lashing it down..... :angry:

Ah yes the bird poo! On collection of my car I reversed into my drive and within minutes had bird sh1t over the spoiler and rear window. He must of been waiting for me. :grin:

Here's hoping the weather turns for the better soon.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #894 on: 04 March 2017, 15:41 »

Was all set to do the full works on mine and then it started lashing it down..... :angry:

Ah yes the bird poo! On collection of my car I reversed into my drive and within minutes had bird sh1t over the spoiler and rear window. He must of been waiting for me. :grin:

Thanks Mr GTD.  It was forecast to have showers here all day but still waiting!  Anyway got up early and decided come rain or shine (non of that) it was going to get cleaned.  Was a bit of a painful experience though, as I tripped backwards and fell @rse over t!t onto nice gravel driveway, and now have grazed elbow, knee and arm to show for my efforts, lol.   Needs waxing but no time for that today as errands to run and nursing my detailing bruises.

Hope the weather picks up soon for you to do yours.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #895 on: 04 March 2017, 17:19 »
Another lovely job :smiley: Looks stunning!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #896 on: 04 March 2017, 21:13 »

Thanks Mr GTD.  It was forecast to have showers here all day but still waiting!  Anyway got up early and decided come rain or shine (non of that) it was going to get cleaned.  Was a bit of a painful experience though, as I tripped backwards and fell @rse over t!t onto nice gravel driveway, and now have grazed elbow, knee and arm to show for my efforts, lol.   Needs waxing but no time for that today as errands to run and nursing my detailing bruises.

Ouch!!!

Hope your ok and not to bruised.

The effort was well worth it though!! :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #897 on: 06 March 2017, 08:59 »
I find the app Dark Sky to be the best weather app out there.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #898 on: 08 March 2017, 19:00 »

Who knew detailing your car was such a dangerous business ? :grin:
I always wear skateboarding elbow and knee pads when I do mine :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Peter W

• GTI forum regular
  • 35 edition
« Reply #899 on: 10 March 2017, 21:29 »
After 2 years in the garage sitting on the shelf, I braved the clay bar on my paintwork ! and how easy and rewarding this simple process is. I thought this was going to be fraught with danger but WOW ! the finish is super smooth, all the rough tree sap, tar and other road grime has been clayed away leaving a very smooth finish. So it's been a good 2 - 3 months since my car was last cleaned. So you can imagine the crime scene... so i stated with a pressure blast to take away lose dirt. Then i applied some Auto Finesse Citrus power, let that settle and jet wash off. Then a snow foam and rinse, then another snow foam but on this one i used a wool mitt to wash the car. jet wash off and then dry. Applied some iron out to the wheels and then washed. Put the car into the garage and then started the clay process and I'm really happy with the results, just wish I braved the task years ago... just got the front bumper and side skirts to do tomorrow before trying out my new Das 6 Pro DA. Picked up the Auto Finesse kit from the guys at VRT in Slough, what a great find they were, real VW Audi heads, my car will be visiting them for some tic in the future and some soft mods...
35 Edition | Deep Black Pearl | DSG | RNS510 | Leather | 19" Glendales | Lux & winter pack | F&R PDS + rear camera | Xenon & LED F&R
Michelin Pilot Super Sports PS4 | Stage 1