Author Topic: Who knows about tranfer of private registrations ?  (Read 714 times)

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
  • Just like a golf ......
Right so i have got a new car,
natrualy this day and age ive tranfered my insurance to the new car making the golf un-insured which has (J90 LFX) on it , now with how it is theese days you have to declare SORN if the car isnt insured it can't be taxed

ive also applied for a road tax remaninder refund ,

now i have the V317 form , and it says that you can't apply for a refund before or whilst the transer is being considered by DVLA

now can i still get my plate off the car or is it stuck on there without me taxing it and re-insuring it   

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: Who knows about tranfer of private registrations ?
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2014, 06:29 »
it is rather early and I was a tad  :huh: reading that.

will retry later when I have hit the vectrarse with a big hammer a few times  :laugh:

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2014, 10:43 »
nope cant transfer a plate on or off a sorn car iirc.

if you haven't sornd the car yet, quickly change the plate. took me around 7 weeks before I got a fine for having a car uninsured but taxed (girl came and bought it the next day, bloody typical....)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2014, 14:54 »
Plate transfers are now a pain in the arse,send the paperwork to dvla it will be done with in a month if your lucky :angry: used to take less than a hour at the local dvla offices before they shut them all  :rolleyes:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.