Author Topic: Who else...  (Read 13056 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: Who else...
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2013, 16:17 »
I just don't have the money.  Keeping the car on the road and working perfectly mechanically costs me enough.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2013, 17:14 »
I love working on cars but slowly dying as I can't seem to switch from work to hobby.

Like my Golf is crying to me to get the VR6 in it but everytime weekend comes and I go for it I wonder why I'm not finishing jobs so end up just working extra days. :undecided:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline mcgee9t2

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2013, 17:29 »
I love working on cars but slowly dying as I can't seem to switch from work to hobby.

Like my Golf is crying to me to get the VR6 in it but everytime weekend comes and I go for it I wonder why I'm not finishing jobs so end up just working extra days. :undecided:
this is why I've never wanted to do anything I enjoy a lot/ think of as a hobby for a job. Incase I wake up one day and realise I hate it.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2013, 17:42 »

this is why I've never wanted to do anything I enjoy a lot/ think of as a hobby for a job. Incase I wake up one day and realise I hate it.
this is why i just watch my mate do all my work  :grin: :grin:

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2013, 17:47 »
The feeling of completing something and being able to sit and back and say, 'I done that' is right up there. Never gets boring. You got to graft though, and waste money but for me its all worth it.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline justalex81

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2013, 18:53 »
i get great satisfaction from fixing a problem with my golf..........................

By paying someone else to do it while i play snooker  :grin:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2013, 19:33 »
Agree with it being a chore when its job related. I'm an Engineering Tech, and handy with wiring etc, but I get a serious lack of enthusiasm when I have to do anything like this to the car! A few family and friends have asked why I don't go into it full time as I enjoy it so much, and that's the exact reason I tell them I wouldn't want to. I'd loose the enjoyment out of it if it was a job before very long.

I also get bored quite quickly with cars, and don't stick to one for very long tbh - Longest I've owned a car is 14 Months. I've got a hankering for another Saab atm though!.  :lipsrsealed:

Think the Corrado may well remain for a while though.  :cool:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2013, 19:42 »
people have cars on this forum  :huh:

:laugh:

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2013, 19:43 »
Since taking up MTB'ing.....yes sadly

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Thom89

• Forum addict
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2013, 20:18 »
...can't be arsed with this car sh1t anymore?

We all run out of steam somewhere along the line, and took me 10 years to get back into it again! last summer was a complete non starter, poor weather etc and being overworked meant that I was coming home with no enthusiasm, then a long winded start to this year with the weather again has meant that my Mk2 is still sitting dormant in my garage

However, a nice bit of 911 action could see things start to get interesting again :lipsrsealed:

Thom