Author Topic: Android Auto Audio Question  (Read 4254 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Android Auto Audio Question
« Reply #10 on: 01 August 2019, 10:13 »
Yes.

No 4.5 update available for me either on Android One.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 01 August 2019, 11:28 »
So if you say have the car radio on and Waze navigation running do the navigation audio voice directions cut in / over the radio?

yes all voice stuff from AA cuts over audio (whatever source)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Online sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 01 August 2019, 17:05 »
Cleared the cache and data, even uninstalled AA and reinstalled the APK for version 4.5.592854 and still get the same ?

No option for "Try the new Android Auto - For car screen only. Update now or wait for automatic update, coming soon" ?

Guess I'll have to wait until it's an official launch ?

It'll be a staged rollout - Google will decide when you get it and flick the switch on their end. it likely won't require an app update

Offline daveface

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 03 August 2019, 18:29 »
My Samsung Galaxy S9 updated about an hour ago and I am now running the new version of AA v4.5.592854. On holiday at the moment but will be giving it a go on the drive home!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 06 August 2019, 07:48 »
Just got the new interface pop up on mine suddenly. Galaxy S9 with EE.

Have to say, looks really slick.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2019, 23:21 »
The version on my Pixel 3 is 4.53.5.0. Updated on 1 August 2019.
Works flawlessly.
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #16 on: 15 August 2019, 09:04 »
I've been pondering why I didn't seem to have the new Android Auto on my phone despite seemingly having the version number that supports it.

I discovered that the secret to getting the new Android Auto on my phone was to go into the settings on AA (not through the car, you can't make setting changes in the car!) and toggle a switch to enable the new interface.

Its quite nice I think.

The only annoying thing is that when you get out of the car, the thing is still running on the handset and you have to exit car mode to get your phone back... I've read others talk about that bug, maybe its going to be fixed soon.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Online sjw

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 15 August 2019, 09:27 »
I've been pondering why I didn't seem to have the new Android Auto on my phone despite seemingly having the version number that supports it.

I discovered that the secret to getting the new Android Auto on my phone was to go into the settings on AA (not through the car, you can't make setting changes in the car!) and toggle a switch to enable the new interface.

Its quite nice I think.

The only annoying thing is that when you get out of the car, the thing is still running on the handset and you have to exit car mode to get your phone back... I've read others talk about that bug, maybe its going to be fixed soon.

Hmm, haven't noticed that. If it's not a setting then that does sound like a bug, sounds like it only affects some phones.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 15 August 2019, 09:28 »

Its quite nice I think.

I did the same this morning fredgroves and think the look is much better. I also like how they have added the time elapsed/remaining for Spotify and Amazon Music tracks as this was a minor annoyance for me.

I didn't notice the car mode bug but will keep an eye out.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Catnapper

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 16 August 2019, 11:43 »
Updated for me too. Looks good.
One thing. Anyone found shuffle button for Spotify
MK7.5 Indium Grey 19" Brescia Alloys