Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1158671 times)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #3030 on: 22 April 2019, 20:17 »
I'm rejoining the GTI crew!
After a little hiatus to the M140, picking up my 5 door mk 7 DSG on Friday and can't wait

What did you think of the 140?

You can get over 10k off at the moment which makes it a fair bit cheaper than the TCR.

Also interested to know this. Have an m135i at the moment and am trying to decide between a TCR and an m140i.

What made you return to a GTi and do you think you will miss the engine or anything?

Would make life easier if there was a TCR local available to test drive... or maybe it wouldn’t  :grin:

I have been stuck trying to pick for some weeks now and the BMW deals are hard to look past but TCR is looking like the best alternative.

I hear the 140 currently has almost £8k deposit contribution at the mo.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3031 on: 24 April 2019, 14:17 »
BMW doing massive discounts on their M models.. surely not?!  :grin:

A mate just got a brand spanker M5 Comp in that amazing blue and the discount was ridiculous!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline IamLee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3032 on: 30 April 2019, 21:11 »
Hello! I have been reading the forum for a few months and thought it was about time I signed up and joined in.

I took delivery of my first ever VW last month - DSG GTI in Isaac with a few bits added, spec’d by me and sourced through a broker. My last modern car was a 4 series that I sold about 3 years ago, ever since I’ve been using my 2005 Defender (I don’t cover many miles!). Always wanted a GTI so took the plunge and order in November.

Glad I did because I love the thing, it’s everything I hoped it would be. I still have the Landy and use it every few days. This makes the golf feel like a sense of occasion and obviously it also feels bloody quick after a diesel chugger! The tech in the golf is great too, particularly liking the radar cruise. I got lucky with the timing of my order, paid the ‘old price’ but got the keyless, lane assist and rear camera for free.

About 800 miles in now so I’m starting to drive it more enthusiastically. I popped it to the local dealer to fix a rattle from the passenger a pillar. They promptly made it worse so back it went. All sorted now. Their service seemed pretty decent. I’ll be using them for service pack I bought.

Anyway, the forum seems great, keep up the good work everyone!
2019 7.5 PP DSG GTi Issac, graphite seville, pan roof, dynaudio, tints, camera, lane assist, keyless

Offline atlasgrey

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3033 on: 25 May 2019, 00:16 »
I'm rejoining the GTI crew!
After a little hiatus to the M140, picking up my 5 door mk 7 DSG on Friday and can't wait

What did you think of the 140?

I test drove an m140i, lovely car, but due in part to the massive discounts, they’re a bit too common with people that perhaps wear tracksuits but haven’t been for exercise. Yes that’s a massive generalisation and I’ve seen enough bell ends driving golfs! Depreciation on mk7 gti and hopefully tcr more favourable than the bmw. BMW would probably be a better value choice 2nd hand though if you can find one that hasn’t been lease specced.

Also interested to know this. Have an m135i at the moment and am trying to decide between a TCR and an m140i.

What made you return to a GTi and do you think you will miss the engine or anything?

Would make life easier if there was a TCR local available to test drive... or maybe it wouldn’t  :grin:

I have been stuck trying to pick for some weeks now and the BMW deals are hard to look past but TCR is looking like the best alternative.

I hear the 140 currently has almost £8k deposit contribution at the mo.
Corrado VR6, Mk2 Gti 8v, Up Gti (sold), Mk7.5 Gti TCR

Offline Welshchris

• Just got here
« Reply #3034 on: 01 June 2019, 19:09 »

Took delivery of this new GTI yesterday - Manual (possibly one of the last?) in deep pearl. It replaces a 16-plate GTD. Looking forward to giving it a good run out on the roads around Snowdonia where I live. I’ve picked up a lot of useful info from here in the run up to getting the car - a great resource  :smiley:
Golf GTI Mk1 (gone)
Golf GTD Mk7 (gone)
Golf GTI Mk7.5 (about to go)
T-Roc R (arriving at some point!)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3035 on: 01 June 2019, 20:35 »
Looks great Welshchris! Nice to see someone grabbing a manual for a change :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline graham9883

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3036 on: 05 July 2019, 14:46 »
hi im new to the forum

have had my golf gti tcr for about 3 weeks now coming from a 1.4 r line, will try to add photos when I eventually work out how to

Offline DaveA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3037 on: 11 July 2019, 14:45 »
Hi all... New member to the forum as, a few weeks ago, I took delivery of this...

Pure White DSG 245 Performance
Art Veleurs Interior
Bescia Wheels (correction, they are Santiago wheels, apologies for the brain fade)
Pano Roof
Lane Assist Plus
Dynaudio

Pretty pleased with it so far... Only slight grumbles are some flex noise in colder weather from the Pano roof (I believe this is a common issue)... and the metal frame in the thigh bolster on the seat digs into my thigh, so I have to have a little pad under there to help comfort...

Other than that, very happy...  :smiley:

« Last Edit: 12 July 2019, 18:50 by DaveA »

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #3038 on: 11 July 2019, 20:55 »
Now that looks great! Very similar to the spec I would have gone for. Get some black mirror caps on now!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline DaveA

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3039 on: 12 July 2019, 11:02 »
Now that looks great! Very similar to the spec I would have gone for. Get some black mirror caps on now!

Thanks... Yes, I was thinking of some black mirror caps... Would be about all I would change style-wise, to be honest...