Author Topic: FMIC choices and how to guide  (Read 61593 times)

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
Re: FMIC choices and how to guide
« Reply #10 on: 09 August 2012, 21:56 »
I believe that's possible on a ko3 setup yea, Mylo on SSS has done that on his cupra. It's not 63mm, but on a ko3S it'd be fine, and save you any custom fab.

Offline ReDBull

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 August 2012, 22:43 »
This arrived today so I'll be hopefully fitting mine soon
03 210 Seat LCR. Badger5 V2.2TIP, Fordge 007p, Wellycooler, Quaife ATB LSD, Nuespeed ARB's, KW Clubsports, 330mm discs, 3" turbo back de cat and still on the standard map!
My project thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=241116.0

Offline ReadieeVTS

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 12 August 2012, 16:28 »
im going for the same setup as prawny but what do i do with the 2 pipes that connect.upto the standard charge pipe???

cheers

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 August 2012, 12:26 »
Mines now been on since weekend  :wink:
it does feel much better, had some issues fitting and when I say issues, it sits much lower due to the aircon rad, the pipes on mine inlet/outlet to the IC are roughly where the valance was (I say was because I had to do some serious chopping) I am now looking into the measurements of an R32 style bumper to see if it hides the pipework
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 17 August 2012, 13:06 »
Any pics  :cool:
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline Prawny

• Here all the time
  • R-tech power!!!
« Reply #15 on: 17 August 2012, 13:11 »

it does feel much better, had some issues fitting and when I say issues, it sits much lower due to the aircon rad

You did cut the crash bar and slot it up behind didn't you?

I can't see how the aircon rad would ever make it sit lower, only slightly further forward!

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 17 August 2012, 18:23 »
yeah I did, very little room and I was cautious about cutting too much crash bar away, I may just keep trying to get it better, Luckily its only the bumper and valance I was chopping at as I knew both are getting changed.
I dont know if air con rads are different or mine wasnt moved fully back, but its a VERY close fit (I couldnt get the top as high as yours thats for sure, resulting in it being lower down)

« Last Edit: 17 August 2012, 18:31 by Dalo Harkin »
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline paultownsend

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 18 August 2012, 12:30 »
Dalo. If you dint mind me asking. What power are you running through the k03?

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 18 August 2012, 14:45 »
It was around 200 but had a sports cat, and sorted loads of pipes since

Offline paultownsend

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 August 2012, 17:13 »
it will be interesting to see how this intercooler works with a maxed out k03 then  :cool: