Author Topic: n80 what is it  (Read 2045 times)

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
  • IS STILL SICK ABOUT CRASHING ME 1.8T AFTER 2 YEARS
n80 what is it
« on: 30 September 2008, 22:06 »
got a couple of things wrong with me car the maf as gone the O2 sensor has gone plus i have this which i do not know what it is (n80) somethink to do with charcoal.

so i have no power at all  :angry: and its drinking my petrol  :cry:

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
Re: n80 what is it
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2008, 22:05 »
replaced the maf and its is still the same the lamba sensor keeps coming up on vagcom but would that make my maf not to wrk,so wat is charcoal filter anybody

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2008, 01:13 »
The charcoal filter/canister just returns unused fuel back into the system. This should make the ticking noise you here on tickover.

A knackered lambda will zap the power & drink a lot of fuel, so I'd replace that if it's confirmed faulty.   
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2008, 11:06 »
regarding the above i made a big cock up on sunday i took a fuse out of the heated seats which i dnt hav i my car and put it in the cig lighter,well i thought i had took it out of the heated seats when i only took the fuse out of an engine management so it put my car into limp mode,so i bought a maf £100 and a lambda sensor £50 for nothin  :angry:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #4 on: 03 October 2008, 11:11 »
regarding the above i made a big cock up on sunday i took a fuse out of the heated seats which i dnt hav i my car and put it in the cig lighter,well i thought i had took it out of the heated seats when i only took the fuse out of an engine management so it put my car into limp mode,so i bought a maf £100 and a lambda sensor £50 for nothin  :angry:

DOH!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2008, 11:28 »

DOH!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

i knw lol :embarassed: :embarassed:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 October 2008, 11:34 »
Ooops I dont believe you wanted to do that.   :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline (shakey)

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2008, 11:38 »
hell no i didnt just counted the fuse wrong,i said to the missus its funny why the engine management light hasnt come on if the lambda has gone.

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2008, 11:41 »
hell no i didnt just counted the fuse wrong,i said to the missus its funny why the engine management light hasnt come on if the lambda has gone.

Easily done mate its the sort of thing I would proberly end up doing. Glad you got it sorted though.  :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!