Author Topic: Castle Combe Track Day  (Read 14518 times)

Offline danhock

• I live here
Re:Castle Combe Track Day
« Reply #10 on: 12 February 2004, 15:50 »
Seeing as i live just outside Chippenham i'll be going...
It is always a laugh....
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Offline morpheus20170

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2004, 12:12 »
Well I'm from Brighton but I will be going if I can get the insurance for track days in time, more money I don't have.
I've heard that the one in April is a bit mad as it can result in your car getting hit by some idiot that can't drive so the one in June and then July are better, is this correct?

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2004, 12:17 »
Its all just good or bad luck..
Very rarely does someone get taken out by another driver.

I dont think it matters when you go... Most of the idiots who go out end up in the fence at quarry corner anyway!
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2004, 12:29 »
I agree with danhock as most of the idiots just crash on their own. Only once have I seen a collision at CC and that was when a TVR touched the grass going into Quarry Corner and t-boned a Saxo into the tyre wall......so it didnt really matter then!!!! ;D I will say from spectating that the VW Driver event in July is more 'relaxed' that the same events in April and June, but that is probably due to less people attending. It is also a specific track day, as opposed to the Action days which are quite rare in the sense you can turn up on the day and just pay for x number of laps. Go along and see for yourself, if you like the look of it in April you can then take part in June!!

Offline morpheus20170

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2004, 12:46 »
I've just seen where it is, might have to wait until June to afford the trip, lol.
Keep in touch people that are going and hopefully we can meet up there or somewhere anyway.
What we all driving?
Corrado here, H reg, on the gallery.

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 13 February 2004, 14:16 »
Mk3 '97 P  8v GTI

Offline Vdubgirl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 16 April 2004, 09:23 »
I'm going out for a play and to pop my track day cherry  ;)  Cant wait I've got an early pass so hopefully none of the muppets will be out of bed  :)

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 16 April 2004, 09:24 »
its a fun track....

Watch out for Avon rise though....

Offline Vdubgirl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 16 April 2004, 09:31 »
 8) Cheers I've been watching a friends in car vid of him going round it looks like fun  ;D

Offline tallchap

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 16 April 2004, 17:58 »
You can take Avon rise flat..... but you need big balls....  and flippin excellent brakes!