Author Topic: Telescopic Security Post for the Drive - advice...  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
Re: Telescopic Security Post for the Drive - advice...
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2017, 10:02 »
It's a year ago that my Gti got stolen from the drive and a security bollard is one of the security measures I now have. I have a telescopic one, RD4S, and it is really easy to put up and down. I do not reverse in, the police said every second you can delay helps, I park so tight up to the house I can't walk in front of the car so as I walk round the back I can't help but see the post as a reminder to put it down. I also always check my rear camera as a precaution.
However.....I could've recently posted in the 'what have you done to your mk7 today' thread on the day I did reverse into the post.  :whistle:
As with most accidents it was a combination of many things that caused it, luckily the sensors screaming at me meant I got the very slightest of marks that no-one else would be able to spot.
As my theft occurred at night, whilst we were in the house, after a forced entry for the keys I know that the thieves would not want to spend any extra time having to manoeuvre round it or lower it themselves.
It makes me feel a bit happier and the rest of the family also, which is important.
Got it fitted from securitybollards and pleased with the service, the way post fits neatly into the drive and the care taken to make the surround match

« Last Edit: 27 May 2017, 10:06 by Pixwix »

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: Telescopic Security Post for the Drive - advice...
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2017, 16:32 »
Some years ago a mate of mine installed one of these....pricks turned up with a JCB and stole the post AND his car...all in under 5 minutes! He ended up with a bloody great hole in his drive and no car!!
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.