Poll

any help

help
1 (100%)
help
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: stupidly high insurance 2 grand HELP!!  (Read 8422 times)

Offline jackass1989

• Not said much yet
stupidly high insurance 2 grand HELP!!
« on: 08 July 2007, 18:37 »
hi their im nearly 18 and i have been driving under my dads insurance on my 1.3 mk2 golf for ruffly about 7 months, but i was insured on it from my bday , as my bday is coming up, my insurnace renewal has come through and its 2 grand!!!! last year it was 400 pounds but this was only as they made a mistake, i have even got a year no claim bonus with direct line as u get one even if ur a named driver. the no claims takes this 2 grand down to roughly about 1500. i have tried other places and im still getting quoted about 1500 quid, my m8 has got a saxo vtr and 1 year no claims bonus and paid 700 quid this year, and hes same age as me, i dont see this as being fair haha. can anyone help me or give me advice on who to get insured with , thankyou
Jack

Offline phil88

• GTI forum regular
Re: stupidly high insurance 2 grand HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2007, 19:50 »
try swinton, there fair cheap

http://car.swinton.co.uk/

Offline jackass1989

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2007, 20:00 »
cheers m8 , ill give it a go

Offline NixGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2007, 21:16 »
your mates only paying £700 on a VTR? at 18??? sounds like somethings not right there!  that doesnt sound very likely, i was paying the best part of a grand when i started driving a crappy 1.1 mk1 fiesta.

I'm sure you could get a better deal than 1500 tho! failing that, get a VTR and the name of his insurance company!  :grin:

Offline jackass1989

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2007, 22:55 »
haha i just tried that swinton place and got quoted 1700. ye a few of me m8s are with quinn and after a year no claims their insurance goes way down , i got a quote with them but its was like 1500 so mite give them a call tomorow , haha nah i think i wud prefer to keep my mk2.

Offline phil88

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2007, 01:07 »
haha, ive got no ideas how insurance can range so much, im restoring a mk2 16v atm, if i was too insure it with swinton it would be 1900, the other lowest quote ive had is 5200  :shocked:

TeddyKGB

« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2007, 08:21 »
Have you tried bell mate? www.bell.co.uk seem pretty good for newbie drivers :evil:

Offline Tom H

• Here all the time
  • Previously board-stupid! :D
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2007, 09:00 »
Have you tried www.moneysupermarket.com and/or www.confused.com ?

You enter your stuff in once and they check loads of companise for you - although only on-line one, not the one's you have to ring up. I've found that an insurance company who are cheap for one person can be expensive for another, even if you live in the same area, are the same age and have similar cars - so I think it's best to take the time and shop around.

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2007, 10:34 »
What car you trying to insure?? My mates insurance when he was 19 on his ibiza 1.9tdi fr was 2 grand. Now its dropped to 700.

Places i went with that was good for me was Churchill and prudential.

Diesel power all the way

Offline jackass1989

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2007, 12:49 »
cheers for the help guys or gals ( just incase lol) yeah i noticed that it ranges stupidly, im just gonna have to look around anyway, btw im insureing a 1.3 mk2 golf, its not as if its a 1.8 gti or anything neway ill try the insurance companies u lot have said,
thanks again