Author Topic: tips on cheap car insurance?  (Read 7910 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: tips on cheap car insurance?
« Reply #20 on: 18 November 2011, 18:54 »
my insurance was £50 cheaper at 12k mile a year compared to 6k miles a year. don't know how that is but the woman on the phone gave me 2 quotes and 12k miles was cheaper so try different milages on your quotes
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline todd

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2012, 00:15 »
Think I'm going to try walking lol fed up with insurance companies only out there to rob people blind I've been driving for 4 years got 3 years ncb and sky insurance want 2.5 k on a 8v gti I pay about a grand at the mo but that's still expensive, they take into account where u live aswell, at the end of the day everyone is at equal risk to there car being stolen if a theif sees a car they want they will take it mo matter what so this is probably why it's high mate

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #22 on: 12 January 2012, 22:34 »
they take into account where u live aswell, at the end of the day everyone is at equal risk to there car being stolen if a theif sees a car they want they will take it mo matter what so this is probably why it's high mate

Not strictly true I'm afraid, claim stats show there are more claims in certain postcodes than others.....

Offline mvb

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 15 January 2012, 20:59 »
Think I'm going to try walking lol fed up with insurance companies only out there to rob people blind I've been driving for 4 years got 3 years ncb and sky insurance want 2.5 k on a 8v gti I pay about a grand at the mo but that's still expensive, they take into account where u live aswell, at the end of the day everyone is at equal risk to there car being stolen if a theif sees a car they want they will take it mo matter what so this is probably why it's high mate

todd - confused dot com
I Love My GTI