Author Topic: Admiral, Elephant, Bell, Diamond. WORST customer services ever.  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Bellend

• I live here
There's a reason this company is cheap, it's SHOCKING.

Putting my premium up when they like as I pay monthly, which I pay 800 pounds a year EXTRA for.  :rolleyes:

Went to cancel, they sneakilly tried adding a days insurance at £20! and said that to cancel it's gonna be round £100 charges.  :rolleyes: £30 Admin fee, £5 Admin fee and a huge admin fee for all the months I won't be insuring it for?

So hang on, I'm now paying the admin fee I pay each month for months I'm not insured for.

Got angry, she said absolutely nothing can be done, asked for a manager "no point won't change anything", DEMANDED that I recieve a phone call back from him asked and demanded about ten times, started saying I want her name and I'm writing letters and also cancelling direct debits until this gets resolved and all of a sudden "oh hang on, let me just have a word with the manager" "but you said  he's not in" "oh he's just come in" "bollocks" "well he has".

Anyway, still paying £50 which I am furious about and all they ever say is "other companies charge for paying monthly" and "all companies charge the admin fee" well screw you, Direct Line charged £17 for cancelling 6 months in and monthly was 5% on top.

Absolute crap and unless you REALLY cannot get anyone else (remember some companies aren't on the price comparison sites that this company thrive on and will match the quotes anyway, such as Quinn) then PAY IT ALL OFF.

DO NOT pay monthly, they reckon they reserve the right to put it up as they want if it's done monthly.

TERRIBLE customer services and will be threatening trading standards and trying to get me £50 back.

WILL NOT be going back again and will be paying slightly extra for Direct line insurance.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline Adam

• Forum addict
I will always pay my insurance in full they add a silly amount on. I have never once paid an administration fee from Admiral, I always use my irish charm to get it waved :wink:

Am I the only one who's insurance has gone down :undecided:

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
I'm with Admiral and pay monthly and everything has been cool. Even managed to haggle a lower price and an extra 2 years no claims from them over the phone. However most insurance compaines don't care about their current customers and are only really interested in recruiting newbies.

Did they just put up your premium in the middle of they year or was it a renewal quote? Surely they can't just hike it up when the feel like it!!

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
I have always found Admiral to be most helpful. Never had a charge from them when others charge for the same services. As for raising the price for a Monthly payment that is rubbish. When you take out your premium and Credit Agreement you sign for a fixed 12 month price plan and the payments are explained prior to signing. This cannot then be altered unless the cover changes (i.e vehicle change etc). The cancellation charges are at the discretion of the company and will again be explained in the small print of the original Credit Agreement and are usually explained on the phone as well.

Offline Bellend

• I live here
Nothing like I've had, never been called back when I said I would.  :rolleyes:

Would NEVER waive any charges and never haggle at all.

So frustrating.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline thatwillis

• I live here
I'm with them and tbh they have been pretty good. I've been paying monthly to and its bad how much money im giving away. This year i'm gonna get a 15 month 0% interest free credit card and pay it on that. Then don't pay any extra change just pay off the card over a year and your all good!  :smiley:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
I'm with Bell and have dealt with customer services numerous times to declare mods & make changes to my policy. Almost always had my admin fee wavered after a little sweet talking, always found the staff to be helpful and reliable.

Guess you caught someone on a bad day as I've never had any issues with them....I do pay my premium in full though so haven't had to deal with any direct debit issues.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
I never pay insurance in full, way too much money to find in one lump.

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
All insurance companies charge unreasonable admin and cancellation charges.
I've not found one that will waver the charges.
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline mvb

• GTI forum regular
I find paying upfront works out cheaper than the monthly installments especially living in London, we get hit with a premium just for living here!!!!!!

Pay upfront and save in the long run people.
I Love My GTI