Author Topic: Insurance question - please look :)  (Read 10848 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Insurance question - please look :)
« Reply #50 on: 25 March 2011, 16:00 »
 :laugh:

Offline bulk66

• I live here
  • Im broke an it aint a joke!!!!
« Reply #51 on: 25 March 2011, 17:33 »
Im 28 with 5 ncd and i live 20 miles out of london and got a quote for my mk3 8v and it came out at £590, Thought not too bad. Then had a brain wave. my mum and dad live in a tiny village near cambridge where fook all crime happens and 5 cars drive through a day and got a quote at their address. £355 it came out. So from now on i just get my insurance on their address.

Might be worth a go if you got family living in similar places.

Hello Hello Hello whats your name and adress PC Bulk here  :grin:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #52 on: 25 March 2011, 21:21 »
I doubt we'll ever see him again! What a moron :grin:

Offline The K man

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #53 on: 09 April 2011, 12:33 »
K man, the problem is that you live in Manchester like myself! Im 24 and i still found myself bent over and gang-pounded by all the insurance companies.  :shocked:
Plus i change my car all the time (im in my 30th car in 6 years now lol) so i have decided t get a trade policy.
£1800 isnt bad for that give where i live nd the fact that im not 25 yet!  :evil:

I agree mate, the problem with me is (although I don't live in Oldham) I have an oldham postcode, after all the riots etc a few years back it must be a high risk area now!

Offline Jimmy Filth

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 09 April 2011, 14:20 »
The hughey bloke does seem particularly stupid.  It'd also be interesting to see where the car is registered to...

Incidentally, I'm 27 years old, with 6 years NCB and two convictions.  I live in a low crime area and have two cars.

The first is my mk3 16v GTI.  It's lowered on adjustable coilovers with banded steels on stretchd tyres, uprated headunit, leather interior, black vinyl roof, black grill badge, clear glass fogs/indicators and a Passat lip spoiler, all declared. That's £700 fully comp.

My second cars is my '73 Fastback that has been slammed, but standard other than that.  With an agreed value of £3500 and no ncb it's £154 fully comp.  Chuffed with that. Haha
7R 5 door.  Limestone Grey.  19" Pretoria's, Leather, DCC, Winter pack, keyless entry, rear camera.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #55 on: 09 April 2011, 15:03 »
The hughey bloke does seem particularly stupid.  It'd also be interesting to see where the car is registered to...

ooops  :shocked: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

:laugh:

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
« Reply #56 on: 15 April 2011, 00:28 »
try admiral, i was paying £1,450 on a saxo vtr at 18 with 0 ncb, now changed to a rover 100 1.1 and paying £1,100 (more smiles than the saxo!)
I could get insured on a mk4 1.8t for less than £2,000
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 12 May 2011, 15:24 »
Im 28 with 5 ncd and i live 20 miles out of london and got a quote for my mk3 8v and it came out at £590, Thought not too bad. Then had a brain wave. my mum and dad live in a tiny village near cambridge where fook all crime happens and 5 cars drive through a day and got a quote at their address. £355 it came out. So from now on i just get my insurance on their address.

Might be worth a go if you got family living in similar places.

Good idea, although a bit naughty  :grin:

Offline jester

• Just got here
« Reply #58 on: 22 May 2011, 10:10 »

Admiral multi car can work out ok if you have more cars than drivers. We have a Puma, FTO, Golf and Skoda on the policy with just me and mrs driving. all of the cars are under £350 each and that includes business use on the skoda