Author Topic: Hic insurance rip off!!!!! beware fellow dubbers  (Read 8778 times)

Offline kamikaze

• Just got here
Re: Hic insurance rip off!!!!! beware fellow dubbers
« Reply #20 on: 01 May 2009, 17:02 »
worst. original post. ever. fact

how you can make such a blanket statement is utterly ridiculous.

i am with HIC and they were half the price of the next closest insurer on my modded car, the rest of them didn't understand the modifications listed and weren't interested, even though I am 34, nil points, full NCB, good postcode, off road parking etc

i also like being with HIC as they have a vested interest in the DUB scene and speak to you like a human being in English and can understand what a 'coilover' is.

as well as HIC, you seem to have a problem with southeners too...  perhaps you should take a chill pill and just relax man

its not a statement old man its a fact hic were asking to charge higher and they couldn't distinguish what was different about the previous policy, now get back to smoking your weed ............numbnutz

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #21 on: 01 May 2009, 17:50 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2009, 17:55 »
this thread rocks! :laugh: kamikaze by name and by nature hopefully! :afro:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2009, 18:00 »
 :laugh:

Offline hammonds

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2009, 18:07 »
May have to check HIC out, my policy is up for renewal in a month and even though Tesco Value is pretty damn cheap, can't help but feel that they will shaft me as soon as I try and make a claim.  Also, they want to know what security device i have fitted to my car and are demanding a fitting certificate as proof.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 01 May 2009, 18:25 »

i am with HIC and they were half the price of the next closest insurer on my modded car, the rest of them didn't understand the modifications listed and weren't interested, even though I am 34, nil points, full NCB, good postcode, off road parking etc

i also like being with HIC as they have a vested interest in the DUB scene and speak to you like a human being in English and can understand what a 'coilover' is.

as well as HIC, you seem to have a problem with southeners too...  perhaps you should take a chill pill and just relax man

its not a statement old man its a fact hic were asking to charge higher and they couldn't distinguish what was different about the previous policy, now get back to smoking your weed ............numbnutz

so not only do you have a problem with southerners, HIC... you now also have ageist related issues

sh!t happens with regards to insurance, people are only human after all... live with it

might I suggest that as most of the people in this thread aren't agreeing with you on this one that you STFU...

(i could have added 'Sonny Jim' after that last sentence but I didn't want to be offensive or patronising to the youngster, that would be rude wouldn't it?)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 01 May 2009, 18:28 »

so not only do you have a problem with southerners, HIC... you now also have ageist related issues

sh!t happens with regards to insurance, people are only human after all... live with it

might I suggest that as most of the people in this thread aren't agreeing with you on this one that you STFU...

(i could have added 'Sonny Jim' after that last sentence but I didn't want to be offensive or patronising to the youngster, that would be rude wouldn't it?)

and by the way, numbnutz, I don't smoke weed... but congratulations on the generalisations you are making... in your opinion I am a old, southern, weed smoking man - must make me satan in your eyes?

now... are we done here?  :rolleyes:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #27 on: 01 May 2009, 18:52 »
The difference is that you are the not the same person as the last owner, therefor the quote will not be the same. You didnt need to ring HIC to ask, idiot!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #28 on: 01 May 2009, 18:56 »
FACT ! :afro:

:grin:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #29 on: 01 May 2009, 18:59 »
FACT ! :afro:

:grin:

I knew you replied that before i opened the thread.

FACT!!