Author Topic: Achem Hi-Shine  (Read 3459 times)

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
Achem Hi-Shine
« on: 18 May 2017, 10:48 »
Hi all,
Does anyone know of places other than Achem direct which sell Hi-Shine tyre dressing. I have been quoted silly amounts to post to NI. For 5 litres the carriage is more expensive than the product!  :huh:

Golf MkVII GTD Tornado Red, DSG, Leather, Rear Camera, Keyless

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Achem Hi-Shine
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2017, 12:33 »
Hi all,
Does anyone know of places other than Achem direct which sell Hi-Shine tyre dressing. I have been quoted silly amounts to post to NI. For 5 litres the carriage is more expensive than the product!  :huh:

I think you can only buy it direct, but worth asking Neil from Wo-Wo on here as I believe he might know. Why not give them a call to ask.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2017, 12:58 »
Thanks for your reply Booth11 :smiley:
Hopefully Neil will see this at some stage. I have emailed them and asked but they couldn't tell me apparently!  :laugh:

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2017, 13:56 »
I'm not aware of anywhere that sells it - however TK Maxx did have some Quarts tyre dressing which is the same product.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2017, 14:13 »
Confirm what Neil says.  I previously used it branded as Quarts and currently as Achem Hi-shine - exactly same great tyre dressing. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline MkVIIGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2017, 14:54 »
Thanks for the info guys. I doubt i'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay the £16 + VAT delivery!  :shocked:

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2017, 15:17 »
Thanks for the info guys. I doubt i'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay the £16 + VAT delivery!  :shocked:

Why don't you buy some of the snow foam too to spread the cost of shipping over the two bottles?

Snow Storm Extreme I think its called?

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2017, 09:20 »

Why don't you buy some of the snow foam too to spread the cost of shipping over the two bottles?

Just had a look at that snow foam and it says it's high ph, will that not be bad for the cars paint?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 May 2017, 19:36 »
Hi all,

Personally I use maguires tyre dressing and iv never had an issue with it and it's pretty resilient iv used many others over the years but used maguires for the last 9+ years  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2017, 14:58 »

Just had a look at that snow foam and it says it's high ph, will that not be bad for the cars paint?

No not at all.

Thanks

Neil