Author Topic: Kurbed wheels  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
Kurbed wheels
« on: 04 November 2008, 13:55 »
How easy is it to repair a kurbed wheel? And can it be done to look "perfect" again?

The wheel looks like this:

Cheers

Mike

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Kurbed wheels
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2008, 13:56 »
Audi TT Comps? A big effing file and cut back the whole lip till it's flush with the face of the rim.

Nick

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2008, 13:59 »
Cheers nick, would this make them look A1 again if it was done properly? Would be an improvement on having the lip surely anyways. And yes they are TT comps.... *displays my scene tax*

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2008, 14:06 »
If you get a pro place to do it they'll give em a skim and just turn off what's needed to leave an unmarked (but smaller) lip in place on all the wheels.

Nice wheels, I want a mirror polished set for the Rado one day but have to convert it to 5 stud 1st.

Nick

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2008, 14:12 »
Yeah, i had an urge yesterday, i have found these, and am about to start a 2.5 hour trip each way to pick them up! lol.

They are nice, very scene but balls to that crowd! i want some.

Would look very very nice on the rado, Im hoping to fit them on the golf, and adjust coilovers accordingly, maybe a bit of arch work ;) lol!

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2008, 14:24 »
Hi ya mate give Darren at Rimtek a call if you mention Graham at the school in Greenwich and just say his son Ben gave you his number you will get a discount. They have done my dads wheels quite a few times and have done a few of my mates cars very good service and excellent results. 07889106764  :smiley:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline wag,en,volks

• I live here
  • I make wheels shiney ,pm for quotes
« Reply #6 on: 13 November 2008, 09:41 »
The curb damage is easy enough to remove,
the problem is if you want them keeping in the original lacquered finish? (if your going for fully polished or painted then no problem)
I have removed much worse than that!,if you want a full polish on them pm me  :wink:,