Author Topic: Not Vag- But sure can rival Phils ED30 :)  (Read 4996 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Not Vag- But sure can rival Phils ED30 :)
« on: 06 October 2008, 14:04 »
Hello guys

As the subject says. Not a VAG Car but I had to post these pics of a red Peugeot 206 I detailed last week. Please keep in mind that this paint was never baked at the factory (Dont ask) and was full of swirls. It took me two days and here is the interesting part.

I only used two polishes. A cheap 2 pound polish from a normal store (Nothing fancy) and some Bilt hamber to perfect it. The Bilt Hamber did an amazing job in removing the swirls and giving it a deep perfect glossy shine. I would recommend it to anyone.

Here we are: A Quick 50:50. Please keep in mind though that this panel here was resprayed two months ago when a cyclist smashed into the side of the car. So you can imagine how bad the rest of the car looked after one year  :sick: The official colour for this car is called Chilli Red. Which apparently is extremely close to the red used by BMW and VW.

The car wash washed. And prepped with a ton of tape. (Then driven to the shops to get a DVD causing many to give the car odd looks and smiles) and then rewashed again. Sills etc were scrubbed and arches with prepsol degreaser. Car was polished a 3200 RPM Rotary polisher... dot dot dot. I am patient. lol

Here are some afters:

If anyone has a problem with me posting this here than I will gladly delete it. Just figured that this section is more than just VAG and that it is a good place to showcase different waxes etc.

All comments welcome though.

Mike  :smiley:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline joesgti

• I live here
Re: Not Vag- But sure can rival Phils ED30 :)
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2008, 14:31 »
nice job mike!!  :smiley:

GTI MK5
Not the only GTI...........but the best! ; )

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2008, 16:04 »
Yes another Fab looking Redmobile mike!  :wink:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2008, 17:20 »
top job Mike!!  :cool:

what sealants/waxes did you use and what was the cutting level of the bilt hamber? I have never hear of a bilt hamber polish before? would you recommend it?

ps. anything detaily is welcome in this section!

Offline GolfDan

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2008, 17:24 »
Is it Bilt Hamber Auto Balm you used Mike? Its the only one I know of that they do unless a new one has slipped under the radar.
I should be stocking their stuff from the end of the week  :cool:

Car looks great after your work! :wink:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2008, 17:34 »
Thanks a lot guys  :wink:

top job Mike!!  :cool:

what sealants/waxes did you use and what was the cutting level of the bilt hamber? I have never hear of a bilt hamber polish before? would you recommend it?

ps. anything detaily is welcome in this section!

The detailing market is rather small here so I dont have many products. No sealent was used although the polish I used stated it had a Carbauba something or other sealant.

Is it Bilt Hamber Auto Balm you used Mike? Its the only one I know of that they do unless a new one has slipped under the radar.
I should be stocking their stuff from the end of the week  :cool:

Car looks great after your work! :wink:

I think I may have confused myself. The Bilt Hamber is the Auto Balm Wax. You apply it by hand whilst damp.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Store/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=529

I would most certainly recommend it. Ist simple to use and removes most swirls and is also kind enough to hide the larger ones. I was also told its a paint cleanser so dont be surprised if your microfibre is dirty after removing the wax.

Hope that clears things up. Its a wax. Not a polish  :lipsrsealed:
Mike

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline robbie_d

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 15 October 2008, 10:40 »
Without wanting to be pedantic, Auto-Balm is neither a wax nor a polish, its an AIO.

Offline robbie_d

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 15 October 2008, 10:45 »
...and its really good

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2008, 11:07 »
But why write the word wax on th tin then?  :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Whats an AIO?

Mike

Join our group now!

Offline robbie_d

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2008, 11:45 »
All In One.

Its designed to be a one step product following paint correction, so in effect will cleanse, mask swirls, add gloss and seal. It also contains corrosion inhibitors making it a very good winter product for any older vehicles, vehicles with scratches/rust spots, etc.