Author Topic: 7.5 Golf GTI PP DSG farts  (Read 7261 times)

Offline clidds

• Just got here
7.5 Golf GTI PP DSG farts
« on: 14 July 2018, 16:33 »
I've just picked up a brand new GTI Performance DSG, the GTI I test drove in the dealers had a distinctive DSG fart during gear shifts in sport mode.

I understand VW has recently re-programmed the DSG box removing the DSG 'farts' and my GTI does not do this.

I am assuming this is a coding change and wondered if anyone had discovered a way to turn the farts back on using OBDeleven?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: 7.5 Golf GTI PP DSG farts
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2018, 17:02 »
You won't be able to code it with obd11 or vcds. It's something to do with the exhaust and engine maps I think. Also if your car is brand new it won't be properly run in until about 1000 miles.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2018, 18:24 »
Not a DSG map feature and definitely not something you can code in/out via OBD. It has to do with the ECU map and how/when fuel is programmed to be sprayed in certain phases of the combustion as I understand it. If you want it you need a proper "pops n bangs" ECU remap but imo it would be silly to void the engine warranty just for that feature. If you were going to tune the car anyway then you can simply look for a tuner than offers such an ECU map, plenty out there by now.

There's also been some mentions of that feature not exactly promoting engine longevity but I've not read the technical explanation behind it so can't comment on how much truth there is to those. However, coming from Subaru owners they might know a thing or two about blown motors  :whistle: maybe just something worth investigating further before pulling the trigger.

Offline R1JIM

• Not said much yet
  • MK7.5 GTI PP
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2018, 21:03 »
My 7.5 pp gti has now done 1600 miles and is now farting nicely so hopefully you just need to give it time
2018 7.5 GTI PP DSG Pure white  Bressicas Art Velour

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 25 July 2018, 22:16 »
My 7.5 pp gti has now done 1600 miles and is now farting nicely so hopefully you just need to give it time

Can you possibly post when your car was built and software versions if you dont mind.

My 7.5 PP will not dsg fart at all and trying to narrow down why some owners report they do and some dont
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline R1JIM

• Not said much yet
  • MK7.5 GTI PP
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2018, 19:39 »
No problem but you will have to point me in the right direction to find this info , I got mine on 21st March this year , it was brand new in dealer stock

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2018, 13:16 »
Give it the beans and it will fart  :grin:
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2018, 13:31 »
No problem but you will have to point me in the right direction to find this info , I got mine on 21st March this year , it was brand new in dealer stock

Well thats blown my therory out the water.

Mine is a march 2018  car built in January

Your is a 7.5 PP Dsg or manual?

Its so fustrating my june 2017 7.5 non PP used to dsg fart everytime but my new one witb PP just wont
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline R1JIM

• Not said much yet
  • MK7.5 GTI PP
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2018, 18:59 »
Mines dsg , how do I find out when it was built ?

Offline Gubi

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2018, 19:36 »
Hello. I have GTI 7.5 PP DSG, bought from dealer (new, from stock) in August 2017, and  unfortunately it makes no dsg farts. From time to time it makes pops but they are not related to changing gears but rather with acceleration / they are not really loud either. I have 3500 miles.