Author Topic: How many clubsports?  (Read 1895 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
How many clubsports?
« on: 02 July 2018, 12:36 »
I've just noticed that the how many left website has the updated figures for this year.

Clubsport 40: https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_gti_clubsport_edition_40

Clubsport S: https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_gti_clubsport_s

Pretty rare cars then...  :smiley:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: How many clubsports?
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2018, 13:22 »
Those will be just the manuals, the DSG variants have S-A on the end (semi automatic).

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_gti_clubsport_edit_40_s-a

Still very rare though. It’s also interesting to see that for every facelift Performance GTI sold, 5 standard facelift GTI’s are sold.
« Last Edit: 02 July 2018, 13:29 by hog_hedge »

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 July 2018, 13:31 »
Yes, quite a rare beast!  :smiley:
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2018, 16:11 »
One of our helpful dealer chaps - jjgreenwood - asked VWUK how many ED40 Clubsports had actually been imported out of the up to 1,000 slots allocated and the number was confirmed as being 570 due to production ending early.  This number does not include the grey imports without numbered plaques that came into the country a while ago.  And yes some numbered plaques are higher that number (mine is 704), this is because the plaques were attached randomly, apparently.  So, yes, they are rare!

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2018, 16:38 »
It’s also interesting to see that for every facelift Performance GTI sold, 5 standard facelift GTI’s are sold.

I guess not many company car users can get the Performance option past their fleet managers.
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2018, 15:02 »

Rare or just unpopular due to poor value and lack of 4wd next to an almost identically priced R?  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 July 2018, 16:15 »

Rare or just unpopular due to poor value and lack of 4wd next to an almost identically priced R?  :laugh:

Are unpopular and rare synonymous terms? In some instances they are - VW Black Rubin paint colour being a case in point; Purple Black Rubin isn’t a popular colour choice :sick:, so not many of these purple Golfs around, making them pretty rare.

As for the Clubsport; I’d say the relatively low volume of Clubsports produced is a factor in its rarity. Agree, some might consider it to represent poor value next to a similarly priced R, but I can remember when the Clubsport was announced, some forum members were happy to pay the premium to have a car that was still a Golf, but one that was a little different. And, if you bought one new, built to your spec, you could have those rather nice bucket seats :cool:; now, they are rare :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl