Author Topic: hill start with dsg  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: hill start with dsg
« Reply #10 on: 18 February 2018, 14:05 »
Manuals online here:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/manuals

As said, get used to having autohold on all the time. It is great tech and works especially well with dsg. A little counter intuitive to start with, but absolutely worth the trouble.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline WatchThis

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2018, 17:53 »
You can even buy the registration GB60 SEP used in the example to help out others.... :laugh:
Enjoying: Atlantic Blue 5 door GTI PP DSG Brescia's-Art Velours-Park-Camera-Voice-Excite-Airbags-Keyless-DCC-Traffic Jam-Climate Windscreen-Dynamic lights-Rear tints

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2018, 19:12 »
The only time I would turn Auto-Hold off is when manouvering into a tight space, when using the brake pedal to control the 'creep' like with a torque converter auto. Taping the throttle can be a bit jerky if you only want to move a few inches.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2018, 19:38 »
The only time I would turn Auto-Hold off is when manouvering into a tight space, when using the brake pedal to control the 'creep' like with a torque converter auto. Taping the throttle can be a bit jerky if you only want to move a few inches.

Oh, yes. I do that when putting my car in (or out of) the garage. Thanks for adding!
Roger.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 18 February 2018, 20:24 »
The only time I turn it off is when I am stopped in traffic at night and pull on the handbrake instead to stop whoever is behind from getting arc eye  :grin:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 18 February 2018, 20:43 »
The only time I turn it off is when I am stopped in traffic at night and pull on the handbrake instead to stop whoever is behind from getting arc eye  :grin:

Just pulling on the handbrake does it.
Roger.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2018, 20:45 »

Just pulling on the handbrake does it.

Yes, that’s what I meant  :embarrassed:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2018, 21:30 »
If only more driver would be more considerate.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 19 February 2018, 12:28 »

I've looked and looked on OBDeleven to see if there was a way of changing the way the brake light stays on when your foot isn't on the pedal but I had no luck.

I do that same as JB GTi at night.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 19 February 2018, 14:07 »

I've looked and looked on OBDeleven to see if there was a way of changing the way the brake light stays on when your foot isn't on the pedal but I had no luck.

I do that same as JB GTi at night.

+1 for that, override AH with a flick of the handbrake at night

For the OP, it really is one of the most to use things about the Golf and I would be surprised if anyone would actually need to look at the manual regarding this function!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey