Author Topic: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!  (Read 14340 times)

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
Re: New MK7.5 GTi Ordered!
« Reply #60 on: 14 February 2018, 09:18 »
I hadn’t realised that Step 5 - in transit was actually giving me a countdown of when the car is expected to arrive at the dealer. It went from 4 weeks last week, to 3 weeks at the start of this week and now we are on 10 days! Happy days!

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 14 February 2018, 11:29 »
How exciting...just spoke to VW CS (who I must say are superb and very helpful - more so than the DTD has been so far!).

Turns out the car was loaded on the Makassar Highway at Emden port yesterday and is due to arrive in Sheerness today! (They only told me when the ship set off...I found out the rest myself!).

Here it is: http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:413386/imo:9235426/mmsi:353969000/vessel:MAKASSAR%20HIGHWAY

Its going to be a little bit of a wait till 1/3/18!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #62 on: 14 February 2018, 18:56 »
Not wanting to piss on your chips or anything but if it's just been loaded onto a ship yesterday you'll be lucky to have it on 1st March. It can take anywhere upto two weeks for it to clear customs at dockside and then it needs taken to your dealer, prepped etc etc. You might be lucky and get it but don't get your hopes up yet.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #63 on: 14 February 2018, 22:25 »
Not wanting to piss on your chips or anything but if it's just been loaded onto a ship yesterday you'll be lucky to have it on 1st March. It can take anywhere upto two weeks for it to clear customs at dockside and then it needs taken to your dealer, prepped etc etc. You might be lucky and get it but don't get your hopes up yet.

Understood. Tbh not in any hurry to pick it up as initially we were expecting mid-April so anything prior to that is a bonus.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #64 on: 15 February 2018, 21:33 »
Plan for the worst and hope VW come up trumps haha

Offline Wish

• Not said much yet
« Reply #65 on: 15 February 2018, 21:39 »
Stiffed by another Vw dealer ...... Got told a new car order would be 3-4 months so they found me a car at the docks uk side. Agreed to buy it. Got given the tracker number but it showed it still in transit. 3 weeks later it’s still in transit, spoke to dealer and they expected the car this week.

Went on the app and spoke to customer services who told me it was on route to the docks in Germany. Highly unlikely to be here for March 1st. And I’m without a car since last week.

Why are Vw dealer so poor to deal with.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #66 on: 15 February 2018, 21:42 »
They haven't found you a built car more likely they've amended an existing order for you. Ask your supplying dealer to provide you with a car until your new ones here.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 15 February 2018, 22:07 »
Yes would certainly be asking for a loan car. My dealer lent me a car when waiting for my GTI and had sold my GTD about 3 weeks before delivery. All I had to do was ask.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #68 on: 16 February 2018, 06:37 »
Well mine arrived in the UK yesterday according to the tracker. It really is down to the UK customs now to clear it and it should be delivered on time!

physio

« Reply #69 on: 16 February 2018, 07:59 »
Ordered my GTi PP early November .
It arrived at dealers yesterday  :grin:
Arranged pick up 3  March
Tornado red  5 dr  DSG