Author Topic: What do you find annoying about your Mark 7?  (Read 17566 times)

Online Guzzle

• I live here
Re: What do you find annoying about your Mark 7?
« Reply #20 on: 04 December 2017, 21:39 »
How odd!

On my Octy Mk3 mute works by pressing the volume scroll. The system must be capable, just that the physical button isn't there. You'd think they'd have it the same for all marque's.
7.5 GTD

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #21 on: 04 December 2017, 22:29 »
I'm sure that it was the Mute button that I used to use to cut traffic announcements on my Mark 6. 

On the Mark 7 I have to press the "Cancel" button which appears on the infotainment screen to get rid of Radio Basingstoke's traffic updates when I'm nowhere near Basingstoke nor have any intention of going there.  Nobody should.

Actually, this has reminded me of another gripe - the Traffic information screen gives priority to motorways and then A roads in numerical order, so inevitably tells me all about traffic holdups in and around London first.  Is there a means to prioritise local traffic updates?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 04 December 2017, 23:50 »
Nope nothing you can do about the traffic data sorting. Unless you have car net the rds data is next to useless anyway. Not Vw's fault though.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 05 December 2017, 06:03 »
The electronic parking brake failing to release when you go to move off.Rarely happens but it can be damn annoying. :sad:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 05 December 2017, 07:09 »
I only ever use the parking brake when I park.  And I release it myself.

Actually, one feature of my GTI that I really like is "Auto Hold".  A genuine improvement over a manual handbrake, works automatically, unobtrusive and a real driver aid.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 05 December 2017, 08:01 »
Not just the golf, but touchscreen interfaces in general in cars. The number of times I've not pressed the right bit is getting daft now. I end up with loads of finger marks on the screen surround as I steady my hand against it to ensure I press the right bit.

That said, being lowered probably doesn't help!

Agreed, touch-screens are annoying and sometimes quite dangerous to use on the move.

The boot lights - only one and still using crappy yellow bulb! The RS3 I had for the weekend recently had 2 nice LEDs lighting up the boot, made a big difference.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 05 December 2017, 08:15 »
Not just the golf, but touchscreen interfaces in general in cars. The number of times I've not pressed the right bit is getting daft now. I end up with loads of finger marks on the screen surround as I steady my hand against it to ensure I press the right bit.

That said, being lowered probably doesn't help!

Agreed, touch-screens are annoying and sometimes quite dangerous to use on the move.

The boot lights - only one and still using crappy yellow bulb! The RS3 I had for the weekend recently had 2 nice LEDs lighting up the boot, made a big difference.
e

Agreed, however I fitted a 10smd led light and it made a massive difference. Took it out my Previous car to put it in my new one 👍
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Mustabuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 05 December 2017, 08:17 »
Had my GTI for nearly a year now. I've got a dashboard rattle when going over rough tarmac and the rubber door seals creak when I come off my drive. Also I can't turn the radio off without turning the MFD off I have to turn the volume down to zero.
Jan '17: Golf mk7 GTI PP
5 dr, DSG, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiago wheels.

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 05 December 2017, 08:27 »
I only ever use the parking brake when I park.  And I release it myself.

Actually, one feature of my GTI that I really like is "Auto Hold".  A genuine improvement over a manual handbrake, works automatically, unobtrusive and a real driver aid.

My Octy vRS has the autohold feature but also has a manual handbrake. Autohold is a great feature, but i've just never really trusted electronic handbrakes. Not sure why, but it may have something to do with the Passat courtesy car I once had. It was impossible to disengage the handbrake without putting your seat belt on. Very annoying if you only wanted to move the car a few feet!
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 05 December 2017, 08:37 »
Had my GTI for nearly a year now. I've got a dashboard rattle when going over rough tarmac and the rubber door seals creak when I come off my drive. Also I can't turn the radio off without turning the MFD off I have to turn the volume down to zero.

The soundaktor and it's cables seem to be a common source of dash rattles. Might be worth looking at. Door seals just need lubricating with the right oil, VW and others supply it, can't remember what it's called but I got some off ebay. Bit pricey but goes a long way.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.