Author Topic: Switching off keyless entry when washing the car?  (Read 5335 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Switching off keyless entry when washing the car?
« Reply #20 on: 18 October 2017, 21:53 »
...or just don't bother speccing it in the first place and save yourself £365 and all the pratting about. I thought the whole point of keyless was to make life easier?  :whistle:

Keyless is great and well worth the money. And no pratting about unless you are too stupid to put your keys out of range whilst you clean it.  :whistle:

That's a bit harsh innit?

They only asked advice on how to stop the doors and mirrors from opening and closing  :lipsrsealed:   

Banter, of the lighthearted variety.  It’s what sets forums apart from each other and if you can’t take it..... :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 18 October 2017, 21:55 »
I put the wipers in the service position then put the keys on the driver's seat. It won't lock with the keys inside.
Don't know how I managed it but I managed once to lock my keys in the car...well the boot, is that why? Wasn't while I was washing it though unfortunately but out and about so had to get home for the spare. Never worked out how I did it...chucked sports bag with keys in into the boot ...ah think ive answered my own question, I obv hadn't unlocked the doors but went straight to the boot ..

You are not alone, it’s hsppened to a few other people.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 18 October 2017, 22:11 »
...or just don't bother speccing it in the first place and save yourself £365 and all the pratting about. I thought the whole point of keyless was to make life easier?  :whistle:

Keyless is great and well worth the money. And no pratting about unless you are too stupid to put your keys out of range whilst you clean it.  :whistle:

That's a bit harsh innit?

They only asked advice on how to stop the doors and mirrors from opening and closing  :lipsrsealed:   

Banter, of the lighthearted variety.  It’s what sets forums apart from each other and if you can’t take it..... :tongue:

The best type  :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 19 October 2017, 06:37 »
I left my key in my jacket pocket and then dumped it in the boot and closed the boot lid on Tuesday when leaving work. It didn't lock and flashed the indicators a few times. Glad it didn't lock as I was late picking my daughter up from school.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 19 October 2017, 08:51 »
I’d recommend enabling the alarm chirp on lock with VCDS for that reason. It wouldn’t have chirped in that instance, much more noticeable than the double flashing indicators I think.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline random_nickname

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 19 October 2017, 11:14 »
I just leave mine on the driver seat while I wash it. It cant lock with them inside it. Just don't do the reverse and then leave your keys in the boot, especially if you haven't got your spare key to hand  :embarrassed:
| GOLF MK7 GTI | PP | DSG | KEYLESS | DYNAUDIO | SUNROOF | 3DR | WHITE |

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 19 October 2017, 14:01 »
I just get the wife to sit in the car with her key :whistle:

My wife has read this and has asked{ordered} me to say I was joking  :laugh:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 19 October 2017, 16:14 »
Just unlock the car, put wipers into service position then put your keys out of range. You only ever put up with the car washing mirror dance once, lol.

This made me laugh...........i havent had this pleasure yet and shes been washed every weekend and once through the week ON A SCHOOL NIGHT TOO usually unlocked though perhaps why  :grin: