Author Topic: Anyone find ACC brakes very late?  (Read 9770 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Anyone find ACC brakes very late?
« Reply #20 on: 15 October 2017, 12:37 »
Yes the parking sensors do brake if you have that enabled... I reverse down a slope to the road and it thinks the road is an obstacle... Crunch go the brakes... Have to remember to disable the parking sensors when doing that...

As for acc accelerating slowly, select individual mode and turn acc to sport... A lot more acceleration if you want it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline sadsac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 16 October 2017, 20:37 »
About the only thing that bugs me about the ACC is the gap it leaves to the car in front. I know the gap is set by a combination of speed and minimum braking distance requirements, but I tend to find that others are using the "gap" to sneak into causing the car to brake or further slow down.

This annoys me too and is the main reason why I have the setting for the gap on the minimum level of 1 bar
2016 GTD DSG deep black pearl discover pro dynaudio climate windscreen adv tel prep parking pack

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 16 October 2017, 21:31 »
Needs a Audi setting

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 16 October 2017, 23:19 »
Yes we need an ACC equivalent on the rear that keeps cars behind at a set distance!
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 17 October 2017, 10:35 »
Yes we need an ACC equivalent on the rear that keeps cars behind at a set distance!

Actually, you can used to be able to get rear assist which detects vehicles approaching from behind - I thought it was Lane Assist Plus that did it, but can't find it on the configurator now.

I think it worked with a rear view camera able to spot Audi badges.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Excession_OCP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 18 October 2017, 19:58 »
Yes the parking sensors do brake if you have that enabled... I reverse down a slope to the road and it thinks the road is an obstacle... Crunch go the brakes... Have to remember to disable the parking sensors when doing that...

As for acc accelerating slowly, select individual mode and turn acc to sport... A lot more acceleration if you want it.

Out of interest, how do you enable the parking sensors braking thing?

Ta!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 19 October 2017, 09:00 »
In the car setttings, parking and manoeuvring, enable manoeuvre braking.

Mine's a Mk7.5, I can't remember if the 7 did it...

Offline Excession_OCP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 20 October 2017, 00:03 »
In the car setttings, parking and manoeuvring, enable manoeuvre braking.

Mine's a Mk7.5, I can't remember if the 7 did it...

Do you have park assist as an option?  I have a 7.5 too but the only option I have in that menu is to enable the parking sensors and the associated volume.  I don't have park assist fitted.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 20 October 2017, 08:49 »
Nope, no park assist.

Its definitely there!

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 20 October 2017, 09:35 »

ahhhhhhhh light bulb moment, i was trying to work this out to as i was taking over acceleration when ACC was on because took ages to get back up to speed thanks Fred - hope you are well  :wink: